Office of Undergraduate Fellowships
The University of Nevada, Reno Office of Undergraduate (and Graduate) Fellowships assists students, including undergraduates, graduates, and recent alumni interested in pursuing a national fellowship, grant, or award. We provide resources and support throughout the application process, from outreach events on campus, to one-on-one mentoring, to celebrating students' success.
Each year, outstanding University of Nevada students receive generous awards for undergraduate and graduate study, research, teaching and public service in the United States and throughout the world. In addition to their accomplishments in the classroom, these students further distinguished themselves by engaging in undergraduate research, making a sustained focus on public or community service, and their commitment to excellence.
We encourage you to consult the links below for more information on specific awards, how to start the application process, and information on upcoming fellowship information sessions held throughout the year.
Undergraduate and Graduate Fellowship Fairs and Information Sessions
Are you interested in applying for a Fulbright Award, Rhodes Scholarship, Marshall Scholarship or other national fellowships whose website is below? The Office holds public information sessions each semester to discuss the nomination and application process for the nationally competitive fellowships listed below. Undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni of the University are encouraged to attend these sessions.
Fall 2014 Fellowship Information Events
The Office will hold the following scholarship and fellowship sessions from August - November 2014. Register for all at the link below:
- ONLINE Scholarship and Fellowship Webinar: Tuesday, August 19th, 1:00 - 3:00 PM - Register below to receive login info!
- Fulbright Information Session: Thursday, August 28th, 2:15 - 3:45 PM, JCSU Rita Laden Senate Chamber
- Fellowship Writing Seminar (I) - For 2014-15 Applicants ONLY: Friday, September 12th, 3:00 PM, Honors Program (JTB 11)
- Fellowship Writing Seminar (II) - For 2014-15 Applicants ONLY: Friday, September 19th, 3:00 PM, Honors Program (JTB 11)
- Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Information Session: Thursday, October 9th, 3:00 - 4:00 PM, JSCU 320
- General Fellowship Fair: Monday, November 3rd, 3:45 - 5:00 PM, JCSU 324
- How to Go (Back) Abroad - Fellowships for returning USAC students (by USAC invitation): Thursday, November 20th, 2:00 - 4:00 PM, JCSU 323
You may access the Fellowship Fairs RSVP page under Event Registration on the bottom left of the screen.
Information and Materials on Selected Scholarships from our Office
- National Grants, Fellowships and Awards (pdf)
- Applying to Nationally Competitive Fellowships (pdf)
- 2014 Fulbright Application Dates and Deadlines (pdf)
- International Fellowships (PowerPoint, 2014)
- ONLINE Webinar Slides (PowerPoint, 2014)
- Fulbright Presentation (PowerPoint, 2014)
- Scholarships to Germany (PowerPoint, 2014)
National Fellowship Websites
Please note: The Office of Undergraduate Fellowships and Scholarships provides active assistance and official nominations for the fellowships below which require a university endorsement. For those which do not, consult your major department, faculty mentor, College or the University Writing Center for the most comprehensive assistance.
- Boren Awards for International Study
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (no university endorsement)
- Critical Language Scholarships (no university endorsement)
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) Scholarship
- Fulbright Study Scholarships and English Teaching Assistantships
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Program
- International Parliamentary Scholarship (German Parliament) (no university endorsement)
- Jack Kent Cooke Graduate Scholarship
- James Madison Memorial Fellowship (no university endorsement)
- British Marshall Scholarships
- George J. Mitchell Scholarships
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans
- Harry S. Truman Scholarships
- Udall Scholarships