Office of Undergraduate Fellowships
The University of Nevada, Reno Office of Undergraduate (and Graduate) Fellowships assists students, including undergraduates, graduates, and recent alumni interested in pursuing a national fellowship, grant, or award. We provide resources and support throughout the application process, from outreach events on campus, to one-on-one mentoring, to celebrating students' success.
Each year, outstanding University of Nevada students receive generous awards for undergraduate and graduate study, research, teaching and public service in the United States and throughout the world. In addition to their accomplishments in the classroom, these students further distinguished themselves by engaging in undergraduate research, making a sustained focus on public or community service, and their commitment to excellence.
We encourage you to consult the links below for more information on specific awards, how to start the application process, and general information.
Undergraduate and Graduate Fellowship Information Sessions
Are you interested in applying for a Fulbright Award, Rhodes Scholarship, Marshall Scholarship or other national fellowships listed below? The Office holds public information sessions each semester to discuss the nomination and application process for the nationally competitive fellowships listed below. Undergraduates, graduate students, and alumni of the University are encouraged to attend these sessions. Attendance at a group fellowship information session is a precondition for later individual advising and mentoring through the Office of Undergraduate Fellowships.
Fall 2016 Information Sessions and Workshops
The Office will hold the following scholarship and fellowship sessions and workshops in fall semester 2016. Note that most dates and times are already set. Details listed as TBA will be updated here soon. RSVP for each session using the link below.
- Fulbright U.S. Student Fellowships: Wednesday, August 31, 3:00 PM, JCSU 320
- Competitive Scholarship Essay Workshop I (mandatory for all fall scholarship applicants!): Friday, September 9, 3:00 PM, Honors Program Classroom (JTB 11A)
- Competitive Scholarship Essay Workshop II (mandatory for all fall scholarship applicants!): Friday, September 16, 3:00 PM, Honors Program Classroom (JTB 11A)
- Boren Scholarship and Critical Language Scholarship Presentation: Wednesday, October 19, 3:00 PM, JCSU Rita Laden Senate Chambers
- General Fellowships Presentation: Tuesday, November 1, 3:00 PM, JCSU 320
- International Education Week Presentations (held November 14-18, 2016):
- International Scholarships (for those who have already studied abroad): Thursday, November 17, 1:00 PM, JCSU 422
RSVP for Sessions, Workshops and Fellowship Fairs Online
Note: You may need to create an account to RSVP if you have not registered with the system before.
Information and Materials on Selected Scholarships from our Office
- Applying to Nationally Competitive Fellowships (.pdf)
- 2016 Fulbright and other Fall Application Deadlines (.pdf)
- International Fellowships (PowerPoint, 2016)
- ONLINE Webinar Slides (PowerPoint, 2015)
- Fulbright Presentation (PowerPoint, 2016)
- Scholarships to Germany (PowerPoint, 2016)
National Fellowship Websites
Please note: The Office of Undergraduate Fellowships and Scholarships provides active assistance and official nominations for the fellowships below which require a university endorsement. For those which do not, consult your major department, faculty mentor, College, the Nevada Career Studio, or the University Writing Center for the most comprehensive assistance.
- Boren Awards for International Study
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals
- Critical Language Scholarships (no university endorsement)
- DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) Scholarship
- Fulbright Study Scholarships and English Teaching Assistantships
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Program
- International Parliamentary Scholarship (German Parliament)
- Jack Kent Cooke Graduate Scholarship
- James Madison Memorial Fellowship (no university endorsement)
- British Marshall Scholarships
- George J. Mitchell Scholarships (click on "Scholarships" from homepage)
- Phi Kappa Phi (Study Abroad, Fellowships, Love of Learning Awards) (no university endorsement)
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Schwarzman Scholars
- Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans (no university endorsement)
- Harry S. Truman Scholarships
- Udall Scholarships