skip to main content

5,008: Keys

Last Revised: July 2015

1. Facilities Services is responsible for maintaining non-residential building hardware and systems for the campus.

2. Hard keys, both external and internal, are issued by Facilities Services Lock Shop based on Key Request forms being submitted by the individual's department. Key Request forms are located at:

3. Many buildings on campus are accessed by means of a card, which also functions as a university ID card, through a perimeter access system installed by Facilities Services. The card key request form is located at:

4. Keys and key cards will be referred to as keys. All key requests require written authorization by a division or department chair.

5. The division or department authorizing issuance shall keep a written record of all keys assigned to each individual.

6. The person to whom a key is issued shall have sole responsibility for the key. Lending of keys is prohibited.

7. The division or department authorizing the issuance of a key is responsible to see that the key is returned after the period of time or event for which is was requested.

8. Keys are state property; the unauthorized duplication of university keys is prohibited.

9. Lock changes and keys are charged to the requesting department. Departments will be charged for replacement keys and card keys.

10. The detailed policy and procedures for building access are located at:

11. Residential Life, Housing and Food Services is responsible for authorizing access to residence halls for faculty, staff, and students.

12. The Joe Crowley Student Union is responsible for authorizing access to the JCSU for faculty, staff, and students.

Take the next step...