skip to main content

2,025: H-1B Visas

Last Revised: March 2011

To ensure quality control and compliance with federal regulations, departments and international faculty/researchers must procure their H-1B visas through the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS).  OISS at the University of Nevada, Reno provides expertise and guidance on the following immigration categories pertaining to international students, faculty, researchers, visiting professors, and medical residents:  F-1 (student), J-1 (student), J-1 (research scholars, professors, specialists, short-term scholars), H-1B (specialty occupations), TN (Trade NAFTA), and permanent residence petitions (Employment Based petitions, EB-1 and EB-2)  for "Outstanding Professors and Researchers" and ''Teaching Faculty." 

Take the next step...