2,236: Compensatory Time for Overtime Worked for Classified Employees
Last Revised: March 2008
The following policy covers overtime earned by classified employees:
- Classified employees shall have the option of requesting compensatory time off for overtime worked, if a written agreement is arrived at between the employer and the employee before the performance of the work.
- Compensatory time off shall be scheduled by the supervisor as soon as practical.
- Classified employees may not carry a balance of more than 60 hours of compensatory time at any point in time.
- Compensatory time in excess of 60 hours is to be paid in that payroll cycle or the subsequent cycle.
- Classified employees may carry over a maximum of 60 hours of compensatory time to the next calendar year.