University of Nevada, Reno Extension continues its online town hall and webinar series this week to assist small-business owners. The town hall on Wednesday will explore how entrepreneurship changes amid COVID-19 and the new normal, with perspectives from the two special guest authors and other business experts. The webinar on Friday is aimed at getting small-business owners to take a step back and look at the bigger picture of how they are running and leading their business enterprises, and how they can build resiliency during this time.
Both the town hall and the webinar are free, and there will be English-language and Spanish-language sessions. The events are part of a series of town halls and webinars for small businesses, “Coping With COVID-19,” being offered each week. Details on this week’s sessions include:
The town hall, “How Entrepreneurship Changes: Defining New Normals” is Wednesday, Sept. 16, at 9 a.m. for English speakers, and at 2 p.m. for Spanish speakers. Panelists include:
- Bobby Kountz, author of “The Someday Solution: How to Go From Unsure to Unstoppable One Day at a Time” (9 a.m. session), and another special guest author (2 p.m. session)
- From the Small Business Administration – Saul Ramos, deputy district director (9 a.m. session); and Alfredo Cedeño, outreach/marketing specialist (2 p.m. session)
- From Extension – Reyna Mendez and Juan Salas, business development instructors; and Mike Bindrup, research associate
The webinar, "Entrepreneurship: Building Resiliency” is Friday, Sept. 18, at 9 a.m. for English speakers, and at 11:30 a.m. for Spanish speakers. Salas, Bindrup and the authors will discuss:
- The entrepreneur's affirmation and revaluation
- Defining entrepreneurial resilience
- Common experiences of successful businesses
- Leading, and assuming needed roles
“This week, we are encouraging business owners to take a look at their business from the 30,000-foot view this week,” said Buddy Borden, economic development specialist with Extension’s Business Development Program. “With changes in what it means to be an entrepreneur post-COVID-19, business owners need to reevaluate their entrepreneurial mindset. This includes things like identifying and implementing business practices common among other successful businesses, and stepping up and into the role of a real leader to build business resiliency.”
Both the town halls and the webinars usually run about an hour.
- Register for the Sept.16, 9 a.m., English-language town hall.
- Register for the Sept. 16 2 p.m., Spanish-language town hall.
- Register for the Sept. 18, 9 a.m., English-language webinar.
- Register for the Sept. 18, 11:30 a.m., Spanish-language webinar.
For more information, go to the Extension go to the Business Development Program website. There are also other resources at the website to assist businesses during the COVID-19 crisis. For more information, email Borden.