Media professionals interested in reporting on university-related stories are encouraged to visit the media newsroom.
November 30, 2009
By Natalie Savidge
The University of Nevada, Reno’s Winter Commencement will take place Saturday, Dec. 5 at Lawlor Events Center. A total of 1,048 bachelor’s degree candidates and 419 advanced degree certificates (master’s and doctoral degrees and education specialist certificates) will be awarded.
Students and faculty leaders will assemble for Commencement at 8 a.m. and the formal processional begins at 8:30. University President Milton Glick will welcome attendees.
The University awarded 1,349 degrees at the December 2008 ceremony.
Public parking is available in the West Stadium Parking Complex, directly north of Lawlor.
Additional Commencement Week Events:
Thursday, Dec. 3
- 4 p.m.: International Student Graduation Reception, Joe Crowley Student Union, Graduate Student Association Lounge
- 5 p.m.: College of Business Reception, Ansari Business Building, Second Floor Student Lounge
Friday, Dec. 4
- 2:30 p.m.: Reynolds School of Journalism (RSJ) Reception, RSJ Atrium
- 3 p.m.: Orvis School of Nursing Convocation, Joe Crowley Student Union Ballroom, Fourth Floor
Saturday, Dec. 5
- 7 a.m.: College of Engineering Breakfast, Harry Reid Engineering Laboratory, Rooms 109 & 110
- 7 a.m.: College of Education Celebration, William Raggio Building, Room 1021