Dean's Future Scholars does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in any of its activities or operations.
Selection Criteria for Dean's Future Scholars Program Participants:
- Recommendations traditionally come from counselors, teachers, and principals from selected Title 1 schools in the Washoe County School District (the number of selected program participants depends on availability).
- Students must qualify for free or reduced lunch.
- Students preferably are first-generation college students where neither parent has earned a bachelor's degree.
- Students must exhibit an interest in going to college and/or entering the field of education.
Title 1 DFS Feeder Schools
- Alice Smith Elementary
- Booth Elementary
- Corbett Elementary
- Desert Heights Elementary
- Desert Skies Middle
- Dilworth Middle
- Loder Elementary
- Sparks Middle
- Stead Elementary
- Traner Middle
- Veterans Elementary