History of philosophy (especially the rationalists); metaphysics; philosophy of mind (especially consciousness and the emotions).
Professor Lucash's work has been mainly on the philosophy of Baruch (Benedict) Spinoza. He has given presentations at meetings in Chicago, Jerusalem, and San Francisco and has published on many aspects of Spinoza's philosophy, such as mind/body, freedom, substance, intuitive knowledge, immanence, existence and essence, eternity of the mind, good and evil, etc.
- Phil 101 — Introduction to Philosophy
- Phil 131 — Introduction to Metaphysics
- Phil 213 — Introduction to Modern Philosophy
- Phil 408/608 — Continental Rationalists: Spinoza
- Phil 435/635 — Philosophy of Mind
- Phil 441/641 — Metaphysics
- Phil 475 — Capstone: The Passions
- Ph.D., Southern Illinois University, 1970