Applying for Nondegree/Graduate Special Admission

You may begin your University of Nevada Nondegree/Graduate Special admission application by navigating to the Application for Admission site.

The admission application for Nondegree's and Graduate Special is largely the same as Domestic Undergraduate Degree seeking. The major difference when applying as a Nondegree or Graduate Special is you will not be asked to submit the Scholarship information portion.

Since Nondegree and Graduate Special applicants are not admitted into degree seeking programs, they are not eligible to receive Financial Aid, therefore no Scholarship portion is included in the application.

To begin your admission application, you must create a user account. Click the Create Account icon on the left hand side of the screen. If you have an application in progress, you may use your original username and password to log in and continue your application.

create account

Enter all required fields on the Create Account page, and click Submit to create an admission application username and password. **As a reminder, these log in credentials are only used to work on and submit your admission application. Once you have submitted your admission application you will not use this username and password again; unless you submit an additional admission application in the future.

create an account screen shot

Apply Nevada Account Information screen

Confirmation of your Application for Admission account creation will then be displayed for you. You are now ready to log in and work on an admission application.

Log in using the username and password you just created.

log in

If submitting an undergraduate Nondegree application, be sure and select 'Undergraduate' from the 'Academic Career' drop down, and then 'Nondegree' from the 'Admit Type' drop down.


If submitting a Graduate Special admission application, be sure and select 'Graduate' from the 'Career Drop' down and then 'Nondegree' from the 'Admit Type' drop down. A Graduate Nondegree is the same as a Graduate Special. 

grad special

To continue the step by step application tutorial please refer to the Domestic Undergraduate page. As a reminder, when submitting a Nondegree/ Graduate Special application you will not be asked to submit the Scholarship portion.

For more information on the difference between attending as a Nondegree or Graduate  Special, please visit our online Catalog.