- Ph.D., Arizona State University, 1987
- M.S., State University of New York at Buffalo, 1983
- B.Sc., State University of New York at Buffalo, 1982
- Pavement design and materials
- Pavement rehabilitation and maintenance
- Pavement management systems
- Structural evaluation of pavement systems
- Advanced pavement analysis
- Recycling of pavement materials
- Modified asphalt binders and mixtures
- Evaluation of structural properties of pavement materials
- Development of pavement life cycle analyses
- Development of specifications for pavement materials
- Development of relationships between material properties and long-term pavement performance
- Cold in-place recycling of asphalt pavements
- Polymer and tire rubber modified asphalt binders and mixtures
Other activities within engineering and teaching professions
- Directof of the Pavement Engineering and Science (PES) Program in the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Member: ASCE, TRB, AAPT, ASTM
- Director of the Western Regional Superpave Center: one of five centers established by the Federal Highway Administration to support the implementation of the Superpave Technology
- Instruct numerous short courses and workshops on pavement materials, design, and performance
- CEE 431 Pavement Design
- CEE 732 Bituminous Materials and Mixtures
- CEE 733 Advanced Pavement Design
- CEE 734 Pavement Rehabilitation & Maintenance
- CEE 735 Pavement Management Systems
- S.F. Kazemi, P.E. Sebaaly, R.V. Siddharthan, E.Y. Hajj, A.J.T. Hand, and Md. Ahsanuzzaman, "Dynamic Pavement Response Coefficient to Estimate the Impact of Variation in Dynamic Vehicle Load," 10th International Conference on The Bearing Capacity of Roads, Railways and Airfields, Athens, Greece, June, 2017.
- J. Habbouche, E. Y. Hajj, and P.E. Sebaaly, "Laboratory and Economic Evaluation of Thin Lift Asphalt Overlay for Pavement Preservation," Advances in Civil Engineering Materials, Volume 5, number 1, 2016.
- P.E. Sebaaly, E.Y. Hajj, and M. Piratheepan, "Impact of Gilsonite on the Performance of Un-Modified and Polymer-Modified Asphalt Mixtures," International Society of Asphalt Pavements, July, 2016.
- P.E. Sebaaly and E.Y. Hajj, "Effectiveness of Preventive Maintenance of Asphalt Pavements," 6th Euroasphalt and Eurobitumen Congress, Prague, Czech Republic, June 2016.
- P.E. Sebaaly and E. Y. Hajj, "Impact of Additives on the Cracking Resistance of Asphalt Mixtures," 8th RILEM International Conference on Mechanism of Cracking and Debonding in Pavements, Nantes, France, June 2016.