To find out more about our current student employment opportunities, please contact us.
The University Writing Center is partially funded by student fees. As part of our commitment to the students who support the Writing Center, we employ undergraduate and graduate students as writing consultants. Typically the University Writing Center recruits new writing consultants at the end of each semester. Mandatory trainings are held before each new semester. In addition, writing consultants are expected to attend monthly workshops as part of their employment with the University Writing Center.
We do not require but do encourage interested students to take ENG 408b/608b Tutoring Student Writers, which provides a theoretical foundation and practical, hands-on experience in the University Writing Center as part of the curriculum.
We hire students from all disciplinary backgrounds, including STEM fields, humanities disciplines, educational programs, and health related fields.
In general the Writing Center hires two times a year: once for fall semester and then again for the spring semester. Job openings are posted in April for the next fall semester and posted in November for the next spring semester.
Interested in becoming a writing consultant?
Please go to www.unrsearch.com for more information and to apply.
- Cover Letter:
- What can you contribute to University Writing Center?
- What will you gain as a consultant?
- Major and Minor
- Resume or CV:
- Relevant Experience
- Academic Writing Sample:
- Not a creative writing piece
- Academic or profession references:
- Include email and/or phone number of three (3) references
- Available hours:
- Numer of hours available in a typical week
- Range of hours:
- List days and times available (e.g. Monday 9am - 2pm)
- Unofficial Copy of Transcript
- Undergraduate students must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher; Graduate students must maintain a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Must have completed Eng 102 (or equivalent) and one Core Humanities course or equivalent.
- Must have completed at least one Core Humanities course (or equivalent)
Be aware, when applying online, all documents need to be attached when system prompts you to attach resume.