Sayumi Suzuki joined the University of Nevada, Reno in 2014 and has taught second and third-year language, conversation, pronunciation and kanji, and culture courses.
She uses her background as a person who spent her childhood in Toyama, went to college in the greater Tokyo area and worked as a professional business woman in central Tokyo, to provide her students with multilateral and profound perspectives.
In the past, she has taught at Syracuse University, Kenyon College and International Christian University, Tokyo.
- Second language acquisition
- Japanese pedagogy
- Language learning through technology
- Intercultural communication
- M.A., Linguistics Studies (TESOL/TLOTE), Syracuse University, 2011
- B.A., Japanese Language and Culture, University of Tsukuba, 2008