Dahlia Dwedar is the Arabic language and Middle Eastern cultures minor program committee chair and the Arabic language program coordinator, at the University of Nevada, Reno. She is the founder of the Arabic language and Middle Eastern cultures minor program at the University. Additionally, she is a faculty academic advisor for the Arabic language and Middle Eastern cultures minor program since 2017. You may contact her via Skype. Skype ID: Dr.DahliaDwedar@aol.com.
In 2007, Dwedar started her career as an assistant professor of standard Arabic, when she joined the Defense Language Institute (DLIFLC) in Monterey, CA. Later in 2009, she became the deputy director of the DLIFLC Fort Huachuca Language Center LTD of Intensive Arabic Program.
In 2012, she became a U.S. Army senior instructor when she also joined the TRADOC Culture Center at The United States Army Intelligence Center of Excellence (USAICoE ) as a Middle East subject matter expert, where she taught Arabic and Middle Eastern cultures, Middle East history and the three Middle East monotheistic religions.
Dwedar's research interests include curriculum development, second language acquisition, integrating technology in foreign language learning process, history, history of religions, translation and art history.
Also, she can provide English to Arabic and French to Arabic interpretation and translation.
In 2020, she was invited to become a visiting assistant professor at the College of Education of Al Madinah International University in Malaysia to teach postgraduate courses in education and technology.
Courses taught: modern standard Arabic (beginner through intermediate)
- ARA 111 First Year Arabic I – 4 Credits (Fall)
- ARA 112 First Year Arabic II – 4 Credits ( Spring)
- ARA 211 Second Year Arabic I – 3 Credits (Fall)
- ARA 212 Second Year Arabic II - 3 Credits (Fall)
- ARA 305 Arabic Composition I - 3 Credits (Fall)
- ARA 306 Arabic Composition II -3 Credits (Spring)
- ARA 309 Arabic Conversation – 3 Credits (Spring)
- ARA 221 Islam: Creed, Culture & Civilization –3 Credits, CO11 & CO10
- ARA 222 Egypt: Culture & Civilization - 3 Credits, CO11 & CO10
- ARA 223 Turkey: Ottoman Empire & its Culture - 3 Credits, CO11 & CO10
- CH 201 Ancient and Medieval Cultures (History & Religions)
- Dwedar, D. (2019). ABGAD: Essentials of Arabic Verbs: Measures and Conjugation. KDP Print, US. ISBN-13: 978-169328058.
- Dwedar,D. (2020). ABGAD: Modern Standard Arabic for English Speakers: First Year Arabic - Semesters 1 & 2 College level (3rd ed.), ACTFL Proficiency levels: Novice- Intermediate Low. KDP Print. US. ISBN-13 : 978-1795300995
Translated and published books
- Pius II, Mehmed II, Baca, A. R., Dwedar,D. (2021). Epistola ad Mahomatem II = Epistle to Mohammed II. KDP Print, US. (Translation from English to Arabic). ISBN-13 : 979-8797684244
Peer reviewed journal articles
- Dwedar, D. (2023). Leading the E-Learning Transformation of Higher Education: Leadership Strategies for the Next Generation (Book Review). In International Journal of Instructional Technology and Educational Studies (Vol. 4, Issue 2, pp. 10–16). Egypt’s Presidential Specialized Council for Education and Scientific Research.
- Dwedar, D. (2022). Book Review: Researching second language acquisition in the study abroad learning environment: An introduction for student researchers. Research in Comparative and International Education.
- Dwedar, D. (2022). Learning Online: The Student Experience. Contemporary Educational Technology, 14(2), ep360.
- Dwedar, D. (2021), Exploring Students’ lived Experiences in a Language Immersion Program, Phenomenological Study. Journal of Southwest Jiaotong University, 56(6), 729–742.
- Reviewer, Education and Information Technology, E-Learning Journal.
- Reviewer, Critical Language Scholarship (CLS).
- Ph.D. Ed., Curriculum and Instruction,
- M.A. Ed., Educational Technology Management,
- M.A., Art & Literature Criticism,
- Diplôme d'Etudes en Langue Française (DELF) Paris, France,
- 2021 - Present American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL) Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI), Modern Standard Arabic, Full Certification