Links and Resources
- VA Education and Training Benefits
- Military Transcripts: The Veterans Administration requires the University to evaluate your prior military training and to grant appropriate credit. Your classes can only be certified for two semesters without your military training having been evaluated.
- Enrollment Calculations provides information regarding GI Bill® benefits during regular Fall and Spring semesters, Wintermester, and Summer Sessions.
- Veterans Upward Bound program is offered through Truckee Meadows Community College and is funded by the U. S. Department of Education. The program is designed to assist veterans in preparing for success in college and other post-secondary training.
- Scholarships for Veterans provides tips to scholarship searches. There are also listed are scholarships, grants, internships, stipends, and fellowship opportunities that are not administered through this department.
- Campus Resources
- Additional Services are determined and provided based upon the student's specific need and the academic requirements of the appropriate department, college, school or program.
- Nevada Office of Veteran Services
- VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System
- Nevada Department of Employment, Training, & Rehabilitation - Veteran Employment Services provides one of the highest quality job referral and placement systems.
- Off-Campus Housing Options is a list of local apartments within 10 miles of campus
Veteran Administration Resources
- U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs handles health care, benefits, burials, and memorials.
- Muskogee VA Regional Office services the State of Nevada for all Veteran related claims.
- Vet Center Program provides a broad range of counseling, outreach, and referral services to combat Veterans and their families.
- Center for Women Veterans monitors and coordinates VA's administration of health care and benefits services and programs for women Veterans.
- Board of Veteran's Appeals: Anyone who is not satisfied with the results of a claim for veterans benefits determined by a VA regional office, medical center, or other local VA office.