Transfer of Post-9/11 GI Bill Benefits to Dependents (TEB)

Servicemembers enrolled in the Post-9/11 GI Bill program will be able to transfer unused educational benefits to their spouses or children starting Aug. 1, 2009.

For specific questions on your eligibility for TEB, please call your military service career counselor or personnel center. VA does not determine eligibility for TEB.

How do I apply for TEB?

First you must go to the DoD transferability application website to determine if your dependents are eligible to receive the transferred benefits. This website is only available to military members.

Upon approval, family members may apply to use transferred benefits with VA by completing VA Form 22-1990E. VA Form 22-1990E should only be completed and submitted to VA by the family member after DoD has approved the request for TEB. Do not use VA Form 22-1990E to apply for TEB.

Access the VA-Form 22-1990E.