Primary Veteran Benefits
These programs describe all the benefits that you may potentially be eligible for as a veteran. To compare benefits, view the benefits comparison chart.
- Post - 9/11 GI Bill: The New Post - 9/11 GI Bill program (Chapter 33) provides up to 36 months of education benefits.
- Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty: The MGIB program (Chapter 30) provides up to 36 months of education benefits.
- Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve: This program (Chapter 1606 and Chapter 1607) may be available to you if you are a member of the selected reserve.
- Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31): Veterans with a compensable disability rating of 10% or more are invited to apply for vocational rehabilitation.
Beginning to Use Your Benefits at UNR
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE): Once you have completed you application for benefits on VONAPP, our office will need a copy of your COE in order to process your benefits.
- Military Transcripts: By law, military transcripts need to be submitted to the university within 2 semesters to be evaluated.
- Electronic-Semester Enrollment Form (e-SEF): All recipients of Veteran Educational Benefits at the University of Nevada, Reno, and wish to have their courses certified, must submit a Electronic Semester Enrollment Form (e-SEF) to the Veterans Services Office every semester.