Other veteran benefits

  • Work-Study program

    This program is available to any student receiving VA education benefits who is attending school and is certified at three-quarter time or more. An individual working under this program may work at the school veterans' office, VA Regional Office, VA Medical Facilities, or at approved State employment offices. Work-study students are paid at either the state or Federal minimum wage, which ever is greater. If you have questions on this program please contact the Veterans Administration directly at their toll-free number 1 (888) 442-4551.

    More information is available on the Department of Veterans Affairs website.

  • National Testing Program

    Advancing your education often requires you to take costly national tests. You may be eligible for reimbursement from VA.

    Check to see if you may eligible

  • Tuition Assistance Top-Up

    Tuition Assistance Top-Up (TATU): Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty participants may be eligible for tuition assistance from the VA.

    Learn more about Tuition Assistance Top-Up

  • Tutorial Assistance Program

    Tutorial assistance is available if you are receiving VA educational assistance at the half-time or more rate and have a deficiency in a subject making tutoring necessary. If you have questions on this program please contact the Veterans Administration directly at their toll-free number 1 (888) 442-4551.

    Learn more about tutorial assistance

  • Veteran Payment Plan

    You maybe eligible to apply for the Veteran Tuition Payment Plan if you are enrolled in at least seven credits at the University. This allows you to make three equal payments to the cashier over the course of the semester. To apply you must pick up an application from the Veteran's Services office. Veteran deferment forms are available to pick up in our office during the months of August (for fall payment deferment) and January (for spring payment deferment). The deferment option is not available for summer. This program is available to all Chapter 30, 35, 1606, 1607 and 33 Non-Resident Students.

  • GI degrees

    The Department of Veterans Affairs provides a list of University of Nevada, Reno degree programs that are currently approved for GI Bill benefits. New degree programs are added to the list as they are approved. Students who are undeclared must consult with the Veteran Services Office for certification eligibility. Be sure to check your catalog year and with your advisor to ensure that you are enrolled in classes that meet degree requirements. Students are strongly urged to follow the recommended schedule for your major listed in the General Catalog for your catalog year.

    Viewing approved programs

    View a list of the approved programs. Click Nevada on the map and scroll down to the University of Nevada, Reno. Then click on the "Programs" link.