How to apply to Upward Bound/UBMS
Eligible students interested in participating in an Upward Bound or Upward Bound Math Science program must complete a competitive application and interview process. Applications are available annually in February with an April deadline (subject to change). Hard copy applications are available in the counseling offices at the schools served by Upward Bound/UBMS. If interested, you can also apply online.
Upward Bound/UBMS application process
Hard copy applications are available in the counseling offices at all target high schools and feeder middle schools. Applications may be submitted online, to the Upward Bound/Upward Bound Math Science Program's office or to school counselors.
The following documents are required to apply:
- Completed and signed application
- School Counselor Assessment
- English Teacher Assessment
- Math Teacher Assessment
- Science Teacher Assessment
- Writing sample
- Latest standardized test score from your school
- Current transcript or report card
Once applications are received, they are reviewed for completion, eligibility and program fit. Select applicants and their parent(s)/guardian(s) will be invited for an interview at the Upward Bound/Upward Bound Math Science Program office.
The following documents are required at the interview:
- Proof of income (Federal 1040/1040A/1040EZ tax return or other documentation of income)
- Copy of Social Security Card or Permanent Residency Card
- Most up-to-date report card or transcript
After the interview process, select students will be invited to participate in an Upward Bound or Upward Bound Math Science program. Selected participants are required to submit registration paperwork and attend an orientation with a parent or guardian. New students start on September 1st of each academic year.