The Joe Crowley Student Union (JCSU) provides opportunities for student groups, campus departments, and community groups to co-sponsor their events with the JCSU. Co-Sponsorship has the potential to include custom designs for marketing materials, cost of event staffing, and assistance in planning your event.
Steps to Co-Sponsor:
- Fill out the Co-Sponsorship Application a minimum of 30 days prior to the event.
- Once you fill out the application, an individual from the Programming and Marketing Team will reach out to you within a week to clarify anything in the application.
- You will then be sent a contract for you and your advisor to sign first, followed by a signature from the Coordinator for Programming and Marketing to confirm your co-sponsorship with the JCSU.
- If you need assistance in designing a graphic, one of our Graphic Designers will reach out and may set up a meeting to discuss the design.
- Lastly, if your group does not uphold the terms of the contract, the co-sponsorship may be revoked.
Requirements for Co-Sponsorship:
- The event, first and foremost, must benefit the students at the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Your group needs to be a university-affiliated group including a student organization or a department.
- The event must be held in the Joe Crowley Student Union.
- You must have a space reserved in the Joe Crowley Student Union for your event.
- The JCSU logo must be located on all marketing materials.
- If admission is being charged or if the event is a fundraiser, the funds must not go back to the group/department as a way to re-fund for hosting the event.
- During your event, you must follow all policies outlined in the Facilities Usage Guidelines.
- The facilities must be returned to the same cleanliness that you found them. Failure to meet these requirements may result in a loss of co-sponsorship and full ownership of charges.
Please note that if you do not have a contract signed by all parties before the event occurs, your event is NOT co-sponsored.
If you have more questions regarding Co-Sponsorships, contact Morgan Zuziak, the Coordinator for Programming and Marketing.