Demographic, Population and Other Data
Current Enrollment Data
Total Student Population
- Total Students: 21,046
- Total Number: 17,513
- Freshmen: 4,317
- Sophomores: 3,574
- Juniors: 4,107
- Seniors: 5,306
- Second Bachelors Degree: 209
- Total Number: 3,233
- Masters: 1,936
- Doctoral: 951
- Graduate Special: 346
- Total Non-Degree Students: 417
- Male students: 10,015
- Female Students: 11,448
Undergraduate Students by Residency:
- In-State: 12,967
- Out-of-State: 4,963
Faculty and Staff:
- Academic Faculty: 1,049
- Administrative Faculty: 1,079
- Classified Staff: 1,059
JCSU Traffic Counts
This graph gives you an idea of the flow of traffic throughout the year in the Joe Crowley Student Union. The flow is similar each year.
Residence Halls: 3,100 students live on campus for fall and spring semesters. During the summer, the residence halls are used primarily for summer camps and conferences. A new residence hall was opened in Fall 2015 housing 600 freshmen.
There are more than 3,100 students who live in within the four local zip codes (89501, 89503, 89512 and 89557.) This figure may be very low as it is based on student provided information about their address to the university.
Special Event Facilities near the Union:
Based on current reservations, the Joe Crowley Student Union hosts approximately 20,000 bookings per year. Attendance varies greatly from 10 people to over 1,000 in attendance. There are approximately 411 bookings per semester. Below is a list of other special event locations near the Union.
- Mackay Stadium: Located about 100 yards north of the student union, Mackay Stadium is where home football games are held. Last season average attendance at home football games was 19,576. The Wolf Pack had a record 13-1 season, culminating in a win at the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl in San Francisco against Boston College.
- Lawlor Events Center: Located less than 100 yards NW of the NSU, has a capacity of 11,600. Each year, on average there are approximately 40 collegiate and professional athletic events scheduled including basketball and volleyball tournaments. In addition there are also about 15 to 25 large special events and concerts in LEC per year with attendance varying from 5,500 to 9,000 on average.
- Mathewson-IGT Knowledge Center: Located directly next to the student union to the south, the Knowledge Center is the main library of campus and houses the Wells Fargo Auditorium and the Rotunda. The 163-seat state of the art auditorium is frequently used by university departments and campus organizations, as well as serves as a classroom. The Rotunda is another event space, where many speakers and musicians are brought in for an intimate atmosphere.
- J. E. Church Fine Arts Building: Located less than 275 yards SW of the student union, houses the Nightingale Concert Hall (capacity 615) plus the Sheppard and McNamara Art Galleries. There are about 200 events per year in the concert hall, attendance varies.
- Peccole Park: This baseball facility has a capacity of 3,000 fans and is within walking distance of the student union. The team has about thirty home games with an average of about 800-1000 per game.
- And more: In addition to the above events, there are more than 10,000 other events on campus each year put on by various student, university and community organizations.