Present at our symposiums
Undergraduate Research Spring Symposium
- Registration due: Monday, April 13, 2020
- Event date: Monday, April 20, 2020
All undergraduate students involved in research, scholarship and creative activities are encouraged to register. Registration is free. Over 100 participants present their work to students, faculty and the community at this annual symposium. Work is presented in poster and/or presentation format. Undergraduate Research awardees are required to participate in the symposium.
Schedule of events
- 11 a.m.: Check in and poster set up – JCSU Ballrooms (4th floor)
- 12 p.m.: Oral presentations – JCSU Theatre (3rd floor)
- 2-5 p.m.: Poster presentations – JCSU Ballrooms (4th floor)
Please email email@example.com with any questions or to request an electronic copy of a prior symposium.
Undergraduate Research Summer Symposium
- Registration opens: June 15, 2020
- Registration due: July 19, 2020
- Poster workshop series:
- Poster design & presentation: TBD
- Drop-in session, one-on-one poster design: TBD
- Event date: Beginning of August, 2020
The summer poster session for undergraduate student researchers provides a forum for all undergraduate students, regardless of discipline and funding source, to present their research projects in a campus-wide event and receive recognition and feedback from peers and faculty.
All University undergraduates involved in research, scholarship and creative activities are encouraged to register. Those who do not meet the registration deadline can still participate but will not be included in the printed program. Students who are funded through Undergraduate Research during the summer are required to participate. Also, students who did not present at the Undergraduate Research Spring Symposium during the spring semester are required to participate. Student presenters will be expected to present from 1-3:30 p.m. on the event date. Please arrive no later than 12:30 p.m. to sign-in and set up your poster. For those planning to view the student presentations, doors open at 1 p.m.
Community-Based Research Symposium
- Registration due: Monday, November 18, 2019
- Event date: Friday, December 6, 2019, 1-4 p.m., Innevation Center, 450 Sinclair St., downtown Reno
- Registration due: TBD
- Event date: TBD
Students awarded through our community-based research program have had the opportunity to work with a local entity to address a problem or a question that has an impact on our region.
Students will present their findings both at the Community-Based Research Symposium that directly follows their project completion (either the fall or spring symposium) and also at the Nevada Undergraduate Research Symposium. At the Community-Based Research Symposium students will do an oral presentation to their community partner, faculty mentor and other members of the community.