Student checklist for Proctorio
Before you start the exam, use the checklist below to ensure a successful exam experience:
- Use a desktop or laptop computer, plugged in if possible. NO iPads, tablets, or phones can be used.
- Use the Google Chrome browser with the Proctorio extension installed. (Download Proctorio extension).
- Check microphone (internal or external) functionality.
- Check webcam (internal or external, webcam alternatives) functionality.
- Use a hard-wired internet connection if possible. If using Wi-Fi, make sure you have a strong and consistent signal. Internet hotspots not recommended.
- Find a well-lit quiet space. You may be asked for a room scan.
- Have a school or government-issued ID card available.
- Close all apps you may have open.
- Close all other tabs on your Chrome browser.
- Clear your browsing history in Chrome.
- Restart your computer (recommended at least 24 hours prior to exam time in case of required updates)
- For Mac users, allow Chrome to access Screen Recording.
Problems? Need assistance?
If you encounter any problems during the exam, contact Proctorio Live Chat immediately. You can access this:
- By clicking on the Proctorio Extension icon (available only when you are on the quiz page in Chrome).
- By visiting the Proctorio support website and selecting Start Live Chat
- By email at email@example.com, or phone at (480) 428-9248.
For more resources on Proctorio, please see the Student Guide.