General Auditon Information
Auditions for Nevada Repertory Company productions are open to all individuals - students, faculty and members of the community. Auditions are usually held on the second day of the semester for all the productions that will be presented during that semester, or, for summer theatre, the first day of summer session.
Persons who wish to try out are recommended to have a one-minute monologue appropriate for the play at hand. For musicals, prepare a one-minute song in addition to the monologue. (Material for cold readings will be available for persons who have not prepared a monologue in advance.) Nevada Rep will provide an accompanist, or you can supply your own, or an audio recording of your accompaniment. If you wish to use the company accompanist, you must provide sheet music clearly marked with the portion you will sing.
For some productions, a dance audition will be required. Typically, the choreographer will teach one or more brief combinations in small groups at the time of audition, so no prepared piece is required. Specific information for auditions will be listed in Director's Notes on the Nevada Rep call board or on this website. Additional information can be obtained by contacting the Department of Theatre & Dance at (775) 784-6829.
Note: Some directors like to see monologues and songs from the show being auditioned. Others prefer material from other shows that will permit the auditioner to demonstrate skills of the kind needed for the show at hand. If unsure, ask the director.
Department of Theatre and Dance Production Rehearsal Attendance Policy
- Production participants are expected to clear their schedules and commit to attending all regular and technical rehearsals.
- If there is a known conflict (academic or other) with a rehearsal, it must be disclosed to the choreographer/director at the beginning of the rehearsal period. At this time, the choreographer/director may decide to recast the role.
- Missing one or more rehearsals without prior permission may result in dismissal from the production.
- Arriving late or leaving early from rehearsals may result in dismissal from the production.
- Emergency situations will be accessed on a case-by-case basis.