First in the Pack ACE 100 Course
The First in the Pack will have the ability to take an exclusive ACE 100 course in Fall 2017. The course is different from the standard ACE 100 because it is geared towards First-Generation college students. This will be a 6 week course, meeting twice a week for 75 minutes. Scholars will earn 1 credit for taking this class and participation is highly suggested. Here is a closer look at what will be covered:
- A close look at campus resources available to First-Generation, UNR students
- Tips on making the transition from high school to college
- A look at financial tips and planning and how to manage money
- Study skills, Stress Management and Time Management
- Goal Setting
- The opportunity to explore UNR majors and career possibilities
- Students will take two professional career assessments, Strong Interest Inventory and Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - These assessments are expensive but the test and interpretation of results is included in the course
- The opportunity to meet and speak with First-Generation juniors and seniors as well as professionals; students will have the opportunity to ask questions
- Resume and cover letter writing, Workshop on job interviewing
Our ACE 100 sessions are over for Fall 2016. We are now accepting program applications for Fall 2017. Please email Desirae Acosta, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested in enrolling into our ACE 100 class for Fall 2017.
Click here to go back to the First in the Pack home page.