30 to Complete
Starting in Fall 2015, students will be required to enroll in at least 30 credits over the course of an academic year in order to be eligible for full financial aid and scholarship packages. The previous requirement stated 12-15 credits but UNR has adopted the 30 to Complete. 15 credits will be the requirement for students to make timely progress toward their Bachelor's degree. Because of this, we strongly suggest all of you enroll in at least 15 credits a semester so you will not lose out on financial aid and scholarships.
Some financial aid does not require the 15 credit enrollment minimum (12 credits is considered full time):
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal SEOG
- Federal Teach Grant
- Federal Loans from the Department of Education
The Millennium scholarship from the State of Nevada require an enrollment minimum of 12 credits but will cover up to 15 credits.
Math 95 and 96 and English 98 count for three credits each towards your financial aid enrollment. Math 96D counts for two credits towards your financial aid enrollment.
You can obtain more information about this on the UNR Financial Aid website, linked below. If you would like to try to appeal this, you can obtain an appeal form below. Favorable consideration for appeals will be given to:
- Students who will be graduating in December or May and can demonstrate the required credits for completion.
- Students Certified for reduced course loads by the Disability Resource Center
- Level III Nursing students.
- Athletes who can demonstrate required schedule demands with an approved plan to complete 30 credits within the calendar year and meet NCAA satisfactory progress requirement
Back to First in the Pack Home Page