Enforcement of University and community COVID-19 policies
Students and recognized student organizations at the University of Nevada, Reno are expected to comply with the policies and governances implemented by Governor Sisolak, Chancellor Reilly and President Johnson, as well as the recommendations of local health authorities.
This extends to policies, directives, governances and recommendations related to the following:
- Face coverings
- Social distancing
- Limitation on size of gatherings, events, celebrations and ceremonies in private residences to a maximum of 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors (as of 10/1/2020)
Students and organizations that violate campus COVID19 policies or state/local COVID-19 policies should be reported to the Office of Student Conduct for investigation. Students and organizations who are reported can be investigated for prohibited conduct that falls under one or more violations, including the violations listed below:
25. The use of, or threat to use, force or violence, intimidation, coercion and/or conduct that threatens or endangers the health or safety of any member or guest of the University Community ( emphasis added)
30. Any other conduct that violates applicable stated prohibitions, policies, procedures, rules, or regulations of the University or NSHE.
31. Any act or actions committed by a student and/or student organization prohibited by local, state or federal law
Students and organizations that are found responsible for a violation of the Student Code of Conduct are exposed to the full range of sanctions found in the Student Code of Conduct. For your convenience the sanctions are also listed below:
- Disciplinary probation
- Loss of privileges
- Discretionary/educational sanctions
- Hold on transcript and/or registration
- No contact directive
- Loss of recognition
- University suspension
- Deferred University suspension
- University expulsion
- Withholding of degree
File a COVID-19 complaint
If you would like to file a COVID-19 related complaint with the Office of Student Conduct, please complete the anonymous COVID-19 reporting form.