Finding sources of funding is a critical aspect of performing research. There is a wealth of opportunities for sourcing research operating funds, via government grants, foundations and other organizations. The University of Nevada, Reno provides the following grant-finding resources:
Internal Grant Writing and Research Proposal Resources
Dedicated support with grant and research proposal writing:
- Please visit the University of Nevada, Reno Writing Center for information on available grant writing and research proposal resources.
Agency Specific Information
Find grants for work within specific agencies:
- National Science Foundation (NSF) an independent federal agency.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Extramural Research is the nation's medical research agency. The NIH also has an advanced search page to help narrow down your grants.
Fellowships and Grant Agencies in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- American Council of Learned Societies
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- American Academy of Arts and Sciences
- National Endowment for the Arts
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation
- Social Science Research Council
- Fulbright Foundation
- Nevada Humanities
- American Electric Power Foundation
- Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts
- Russell Sage Foundation
- American Philosophical Society
- Digging Into Data
- City of Reno Arts & Culture Commission
- Open Society Foundations
- Horowitz Foundation for Social Policy
- Rockefeller Foundation Bellagio Center Residencies
Other Information Sources
Learn more about getting grants, including federal grants and outside foundations:
- Grants.gov is the central place to find and apply for federal grants. This site lists all current discretionary funding opportunities from 26 agencies of the United States government.
- The Foundation Center website will help locate prospective foundation funders.
- The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) provides a full listing of Federal programs.