Finding sources of funding is a critical aspect of performing research. There is a wealth of opportunities for sourcing research operating funds, via government grants, foundations and other organizations. The University of Nevada, Reno provides the following grant-finding resources:
Internal Grant Writing and Research Proposal Resources
Dedicated support with grant and research proposal writing:
- Please visit the University of Nevada, Reno Writing Center for information on available grant writing and research proposal resources.
Agency Specific Information
Find grants for work within specific agencies:
- National Science Foundation (NSF) an independent federal agency.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Extramural Research is the nation's medical research agency. The NIH also has an advanced search page to help narrow down your grants.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Fellowship Guidance.
Other Information Sources
Learn more about getting grants, including federal grants and outside foundations:
- Grants.gov is the central place to find and apply for federal grants. This site lists all current discretionary funding opportunities from 26 agencies of the United States government.
- The Foundation Center website will help locate prospective foundation funders.
- The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) provides a full listing of Federal programs.