2016 Competition Results
Congratulations to the winner of the Sontag Entrepreneurship Competition 2016
On March 30, 2016, the Sontag Entrepreneurship Competition announced the fifth winner of the 2016 competition. Instally, founded by MBA candidate Ryan Klekas, is trying to alleviate the difficulty of finding parking near universities. Klekas is working on quickly expanding to west coast universities in a short time to dominate the market. The $50,000 prize will be used primarily to build out the technology.
Second place, a prize of $5,000, was awarded to Helmet Neuro Protection Technology. The team is headed by MBA candidate Chase Houston and is working on making helmets safer for those in contact sports. To read more, check out Nevada Today's article here.
On December 9, 2015, we got the pleasure to announce the five finalists of the Sontag Entrepreneurship Competition 2016, the fifth cycle of the competition, from the 32 intents to compete that were entered earlier in the fall semester. Each of the finalists will receive $1,000 to help validate and vet their ideas before their presentation to the final judges.
- Fraktion - Fraktion aims to create physical kiosks for customers to insert cash and convert it to Bitcoin and potentially other cryptocurrencies. The team: Dakota Ward, mechanical engineering; and Anthony Fernandez, mechanical engineering
- Hana Energy LLC - Hana Energy is designing and manufacturing anodes for use in lithium ion batteries using graphene and silicone for vastly improved performance. The team: Chase Houston, MBA candidate; Mohamad Masoumi, MBA candidate, Ph.D. candidate in material science
- Helmet Neuro Protection Technology - Helmet Neuro Protection Technology aims to use 3D printing to help create a revolutionary helmet that is lighter, more comfortable and reduces the probability of concussions and/or traumatic brain injury. The team: Chase Houston, MBA candidate
- Instally - Instally is a mobile platform that provides superior parking solutions for universities. The team: Ryan Klekas, MBA candidate
- Ucraft Brew - Ucraft Brew allows novices to advanced brewers to create a custom beer online that will be shipped directly to them. The team: Spencer Lewis, business; Brad Humphreys, business; and Tanner Johnson, business