- Email: email@example.com
Phone: (775) 682-7924
- Ph.D., University of South Carolina, SC Social Work
- MSW, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
- MA, Stella Maris College, University of Madras, India Social Work
- BA,Stella Maris College, University of Madras, India Sociology
- Current Academic appointments
- 07/2013 to Present - Assistant Professor, School of Social Work, Universty of Nevada, Reno
- 11/2015 to Present - Adjunct Assistant Professor, Family and Community Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Nevada, Reno
- Academic appointments
- 03/2009 - 2014 Adjunct Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio
- 09/2007- 05/2013 Assistant Professor, Department of Social Work, College of Public Policy, University of Texas, San Antonio
- 09/2006 - 08/2007 Visiting Professor, Department of Social Work, University of Texas, San Antonio
- 08/2001- 05/2006 Adjunct Faculty, College of Social Work, University of South Carolina
- 2. Professional post-baccalaureate and post-master's social work experience
- 03/1996 -07/1996 Program Manager, Community Integrated Living Arrangement (CILA), Trilogy, Inc., Chicago, IL
- 06/1995-12/1995 Social Work Intern, Champaign County Regional Planning Commission, IL
- 06/1989-12/1993 Rehabilitation Officer, Schizophrenia Research Foundation (India)
Selected Grants and Contracts:
- 2017 - Workshops to Build Behavioral Health workforce in Nevada through the State Youth Treatment grant funded by SAMHSA-sub granted to UNR. $13,900.11. Principal Investigator
- 2014 - 2017 - Enhancing Behavioral Health Training for Social Workers in Nevada (BHTNV). Health Resources Services Administration. $1,328,407.00. Rubin, Maureen (Co-Principal), Menon, Goutham M (Principal), Manit, Jill (Co-Principal, Montcalm, Denise. (Co-Principal).
- 2014 - 2015 - Evaluation of Jail Diversion Program at the NNAMHS. Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health, Carson City, NV. $10,000. Principal Investigator
- 2012 - 2013 - South Texas Access to Recovery (STAR), Interprofessional education. University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio/ Methodist Healthcare Ministries. $17,654. Principal Investigator
2015 - 2017 Field Instructor - Family Medicine Clinic, School of Medicine, UNR
- Supervised MSW student interns in the clinic. Offered guidance on developing learning agreements; connecting theory to practice; bridging classroom knowledge to build practice skills. Offered clinical supervision once a week. Introduced the importance of integrated care (physical and behavioral health).
Undergraduate / Graduate / Doctoral
2016 School of Social Work, University of St. Kate, Minneapolis, MN
- Interprofessional Education in Higher Education - Conceptualized, developed and taught the course for DSW students.
2013 to present School of Social Work, University of Nevada, Reno
- The Global Context of Social Work
- Advanced Multidimensional Assessment (face to face and online)
- Social Work Groups
- Foundation Practicum I
- Foundation Practicum II
- Interventions with Individuals
2012 to 2013
- UTHSCSA and UTSA collaboration.
- Interprofessional Care in Behavioral Health: Developed an elective for Social Work students on Interprofessional education while working with the severely mentally ill population in collaboration with the School of Medicine, School of Nursing at UTHSC and the Department of Social Work at UTSA.
2002 to 2013
- Integrative seminar I
- Integrative Seminar II
- Integrative Seminar III
- Integrative Seminar IV (Capstone course)
- Multidimensional Assessment (Mental Health-DSM IV)
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment I
- Adv. Social Work Research: Theoretically Driven Practice & Program Evaluation (Capstone course)
- Global Context of Social Work
- Practice with Individuals and families
- Working with Individuals with severe mental Illness (Independently developed as an elective)
SERVICE TO PROFESSION: Regional/State/National
2016 to Present
- Chair, Appointed Chair of the Council on Conferences and Faculty
- Development Committee, CSWE
2015 to Present - Member, State Management Team, State of Nevada
2013 to Present - Member, Behavioral Health Pipeline Mapping
Rubin, M., Konrad, S. C., Nimmagadda, J., Scheyett, A., Dunn, K. (2017) Social Work and Interprofessional Education: Integration, Intersectionality, and Institutional Leadership. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02615479.2017.1363174 Social Work Education: An International Journal
Alarid, L. F. & Rubin, M. (2016) Misdemeanor arrestees with mental health needs: Diversion and outpatient services as a recidivism reduction strategy. http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0306624X16652892 International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology
Velligan, D.I., Fredrick, M., Mintz, J., Lil, X., Rubin, M., Dube, S., Deshpande, S.N., Trivedi, J.K., Gautam, S., Avasthi, A., Kern, R., Marder, S.R. (2014). The reliability and validitiy of the MATRICS functional assessment battery. Schizophrenia bulletin, 40(5), 10471052.
Rubin, M. Alarid, L., Rodriguez, M. (2014). A partnership to develop a utilization-focused evaluation plan for a criminal justice diversion program. Psychiatric services, 65(1).
Gonzalez, J., Rubin, M., Frederic, M., Velligan, D. (2013). A qualitative assessment of cross- cultural adaptation of intermediate measures for Schizophrenia in multisite international studies. Psychiatry research, 206(2-3); 166-172.
Rubin, M. (2013) Grandparents as caregivers: emerging issues for the profession. Journal of human behavior in the social environment, 23(3); 330-344.
Selected Peer Reviewed Presentations
Rubin, M. Addressing Social Justice Issues related to Health through Interprofessional Education. Paper presented at the 20th Biennial ICSD Symposium to be held in Zagreb, Croatia. July 2017.
Rubin, M. Enhancing Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice to Transform Communities at the19th International Consortium of Social Development held in Singapore, July 2015.
Rubin, M., Jones, B., Browne, T., Konrad, S. and Coffey, D. Importance and relevance of interprofessional education in a global context. Joint World Conference on Social Work, Education and Social held in Melbourne, Australia in July 2014.
Menon, G. and Rubin, M. Preparing social work students to work in a globalized, culturally competent environment. E-poster presentation at the Joint World Conference on Social Work, Education and Social Work held in Melbourne, Australia in July 2014
Rubin, M. Engaging standardized patients to measure competencies. Roundtable presented at the BPD Annual Conference held in New Orleans, LA. March 2017.
Rubin, M. & Menon, G. Engaging field instructors as standardized patients in social work classes. Paper presented at the 21st Annual Conference of the Society for Social Work and Research, New Orleans, LA in January 2017.
Rubin, M & Menon, G. Reaching Out to Social Workers in Rural Communities for Unique Educational Opportunities. Paper presented at the Annual Program Meeting held in Atlanta, GA. November 2016.
Svare, G., McClendon, J., Albers, E. & Rubin, M. Simulation Across the Curriculum: Issues and Lessons Learned. Panel discussion held at the Annual Program Meeting held in Denver, CO. October 2015.
Rubin, M., Konrad, S., Nimmagadda, J. & Gushwa, M. Behavioral Health Workforce Development Through University-Community Collaboration. Round Table discussion held at the Annual Program Meeting held in Denver, CO. October 2015.
Rubin, M., Hale, L., Baughman, K. & Durante, T. University-Community-State Collaboration to strengthen workforce pipeline in Nevada. NASW NV Conference, Reno NV. September, 2015
Rubin, M. DSM 5 Changes: Implications for Cross-Cultural Research. Paper presented at the American Association of Behavioral and Social Sciences, Las Vegas, NV in February 2015.
Menon, G.M., & Rubin, M. DSM 5: Implications for curriculum development and implementation. Curriculum or Administrative Workshop held at the Annual Program Meeting held in Tampa, FL October, 2014.
Rubin, M. Social Work Clinicians as Standardized Patients. Poster presented at the Association of Standardized Patient Educators in Tampa, FL. June, 2016.
Rubin, M. Comprehensive education to serve the hard to reach population. Poster presented at the Interprofessional Education Summit in St. Paul, MN, April 27, 2016.
Herbold, J., Medrano, M., Young, V., Clover, J., Stevens, K., Rubin, M., Cardea, J., Parekh, A.,Bullock, D. & Patterson, J. (2010) Interprofessional education in HIV/AIDS clinic: Improving clinician-patient communication to improve medication compliance. Poster presented at the National Academics of Practice.
- Council of Social Work Education
- Society for Social Work and Research
- American Interprofessional Health Collaborative
- Association of Baccalaureate Social Work Program Directors
- International Consortium for Social Development