Student Forms

3 Forms Before You Serve

Student Waiver

The Wavier, Release, Indemnification Agreement will be tailored to your individual course to account for the specific needs and requirements of working in your field. You professor will provide you with the form prior to you beginning your service with your community partner. You can view a sample Waiver, Release, Indemnification form here

Learning Agreement

Students will need to sign a Student Learning Agreement which covers expectations and requirements for being allowed to participate in a the University's Service-Learning Program. Students under the age of 18 must also have a parent or legal guardian sign.  

Partner Forms

Some community partners will require you sign additional forms, ranging from confidentiality waivers to simple volunteer applications. Be sure to check with your partner to make sure you have filled out all the appropriate forms.  

Prior to starting your service, your community partner must be approved, you must sign the Waiver, Release, and Indemnification Agreement, as well as the Student Leaning Agreement. If you are not sure if your community partner is approved, please contact OSLCE at (775) 784-4846 or at

Service-Learning & Civic Engagement
Community Logo : two hands and leaves
Faculty Logo: Hat
Students Logo: Book
Council Logo: An artistic representation  people