2019 competition details & guidelines
Open to all current full-time undergraduate and graduate students with majors in the College of Science. Open to individuals and teams.
Choose a Theme
- Live a life of discovery
- The science of everday life
- Science for all
Online Registration Form - deadline to register and submit the video is December 2 (Monday)
- Deliver labeled USB by 5 PM on December 2 (Monday) to Associate Dean Melanie Duckworth, Davidson Mathematics and Science Center Dean's Office. Contact Dr. Duckworth at email@example.com.
Reward: Fame - and prize money
There will be two public screenings of your video on December 13 at 5 and 6 pm in the Davidson Mathematics & Science Center auditorium, DMSC 110 - please plan to be present at the screening. Winning videos will also be posted to YouTube and used to promote the College of Science. Producers of the top 3 videos will earn cash awards.
- 1st Place: $350
- 2nd Place: $250
- 3rd Place: $150
Visit the Nevada Science Youtube channel to view previous video submissions.
- No more than 2 minutes long, including title and credits.
- Must have a title and include at least one clear visual or audio mention of the College of Science and/or Mackay School of Earth Sciences and Engineering.
- Must be suitable for use as promotional material for the College of Science (no profanity, violence, defamatory statements, nudity; no invading the privacy rights of any person or entity).
- No copyrighted material may be used, including footage, stills, animation and music.
- Must be submitted on labeled USB as a .MOV, or .MP4 file. The USB will be returned to you.
- 1920x1080 pixel ratio preferred
- Video competition winners will be asked to have their video caption by Teaching and Learning Services before they are able to be shared online
- Audience appeal
- Depiction of the chosen theme
- Adherence to the rules
Video Equipment Rentals:
You can rent and use a wide variety of video equipment and editing software (and learn how to use it) at the Knowledge Center's @One.