We're glad you're considering pursuing your degree at the College of Science. These are just a few of the reasons
- 23 Undergraduate majors - visit our Degree Programs page for an overview of all of our programs
- Accelerated programs
- Two Living Learning Communities ( WiSE and Science LLC) in the Great Basin Residence Hall
- NevadaTeach - become part of the next generation of middle and high school STEM teachers
- Professional School Advising Services - individualized advising & planning; free weekly seminars related to planning for professional school (i.e. medical, dental, pharmacy, optometry, etc)
Contact a College of Science advisor for more information about our programs and requirements.
High School Students
The College of Science recommends completing 4 years of math and science courses during high school - ideally, completion of pre-calculus or calculus. If available at your school, AP and IB courses are also great preparation for university courses.
The University uses your best submitted standardized test scores to initially determine placement into your first semester English and Math courses.
For placement into the recommended 1st semester Math and English courses for College of Science programs:
- MINIMUM ACT Math 28 or SAT MATH 650 - placement into MATH 181 (Calculus I)
- MINIMUM ACT English 21 or SAT Critical Reading 480 - placement into ENG 101 (Composition I)
If you do not have the above mentioned standardized test scores, please visit the webpages below for available placement options:
If you are being admitted as a transfer student to the University or are interested in identifying courses at other institutions that are equivalent to UNR courses, please visit the following webpages:
TRANSFER AGREEMENTS - view major and Core transfer agreements UNR has with select institutions
TRANSFER ARTICULATION - check course equivalency from other institutions to UNR
All Degree Program Requirements
CLICK HERE to visit the University's On-Line General Catalog to view program requirements for the 14 programs offered by the College of Science.