Are you an incoming freshman in the College of Science and a 1st generation college student?
Join the Golden Scholars Program!
The Golden Scholar program is a partnership between the College of Science and the University's First in the Pack program designed to help first generation college students transition and succeed at the University.
There is NO cost for participating in this program.
First-generation students are students whose parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have not completed a bachelor's degree.
Program Benefits include:
- Peer Mentor Support
- Enrollment and financial aid support
- Exploration of on-campus research opportunities and careers
- Events & Socials with faculty and professionals to support networking
- Assistance with managing your academic life
- Fall and Spring Retreats
- Graduate and professional school planning
- Exclusive access to workshops