Advising for New Transfer Students

Transfer Agreements and Articulation Information

If you have been admitted as a transfer student to the University and are interested in identifying courses at other institutions that are equivalent to UNR courses, please visit the following webpages:

TRANSFER AGREEMENTS - view major and Core transfer agreements UNR has with select institutions

TRANSFER ARTICULATION - check course equivalency from other institutions to UNR

Preparation for successful advising

Transfer students who have been admitted to the University should complete the following steps to prepare for a successful advising experience:

STEP 1: Accept your admission in MyNEVADA and check your "Transfer Credit: Report" in MyNEVADA to view information on transcript(s) the University's Office of Admissions & Records has received/processed and to view how your transfer credits were articulated. Contact the Office for Admissions & Records with any inquiries or questions: (775) 784-4700Clipart of a phone or

NOTE: The Office of Admissions & Records articulates transfer credits for Core Curriculum requirements; any transfer course articulation for a major requirement is done by a faculty advisor using the appropriate exception form.

STEP 2: Generate and review your MyNevada Academic Advising Report to view your progress to degree completion; bring a copy of this report to your advising appointment.

STEP 3: Review program requirements and the Recommended Schedule (aka 4 year plan) for your intended major in the University's on-line General Catalog.

STEP 4: Review the College of Science Academic Advising Syllabus and the Advising Role Statement documents

STEP 5: Set up an advising appointment with your academic advisor


Please contact your academic advisor or call 775-682-8755