Research & Innovation offers many services to help you find and successfully apply for external funding.
- Fill-out a quick event evaluation—Have you attended a Research & Innovation event? We'd appreciate your feedback!
- Subscribe to our email group, Researchnotes—Receive announcements for faculty development events and other information from the division, such as funding opportunities.
- Check our calendar for upcoming events—Don't miss any of our opportunities for professional development.
Find External Funding
- Individualized proposal and funding consultation—Contact the Associate Vice President for Research.
- Limited Submission Proposals—Entries for limited submission proposals are coordinated through Research & Innovation. Read more about announcements and requirements for submitting a pre-proposal.
- Early Career Research Funding Opportunities—View a list of funding agencies.
- Fellowships and Grants in the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences—View a list of agencies with opportunities.
- Grant finding tools—Sponsored Projects offers grant resources and a funding database.
Proposal Writing Support
- Writing groups—Scheduled periodically throughout the year, writing groups offer the opportunity to interact with colleagues, discuss proposal-writing best practices, and learn about budget preparation, justification and outreach activities from guest speakers. Watch for email announcements through Researchnotes or check our calendar for dates.
- Grant writing workshops—We host seminars with external facilitators who comprehensively address both practical and conceptual aspects important to writing competitive grant proposals. Watch for email announcements through Researchnotes or check our calendar for upcoming seminars.
- Editorial support—Contact the Associate Vice President for Research for editorial support.
- Graphic design support—We contract with a graphic designer to provide assistance with proposals, reports and presentations. Contact the Associate Vice President for Research with requests for design support.
- Templates and boilerplates—Looking for proposal templates, samples of facilities and equipment, etc.? View our available templates.
- Data Management Plans—Required in many proposals, these plans provide the framework for sharing and managing data. Find information and create a plan using our online resources.
- Postdoctoral Mentoring Plans—If your proposal requires a postdoctoral mentoring plan to provide a roadmap for activities that will further the professional development of your postdoc(s), find resources to create a plan through the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs.
- Institutional Analysis— Institutional Analysis is a useful source of information on University operations and enrollment. Access descriptive reports and inferential studies, including enrollment reports for your proposal.
- Outreach, Evaluation and Assessment—The Raggio Research Center for STEM Education supports our STEM faculty with outreach projects and their evaluation and assessment. Visit the Raggio Research Center website for more information.
Proposal Review Support
- External review of proposals—Have your proposal reviewed by an external consulting firm with extensive expertise. Submit your proposal through our office for external review.
- Proposal Capture Team—If you are working on a large-scale, interdisciplinary project we’ll help you build a team and review your proposal. Contact the Associate Vice President for Research for proposal capture support.
- Grant Analysts—Our grants and projects analysts will provide support for your individual proposals.
Know the Rules
Learn best practices for research compliance and complete your required training.
- Does your research involve animals?
- Does your research involve human subjects?
- Are you using biological agents?
- Do you need research compliance training?