Check back with us regularly and watch your emails for announcements and opportunities through Researchnotes—our Research & Innovation group email list.
We award two faculty or staff members annually for contribution to innovation and/or the commercialization of ideas that impact and benefit the public’s well-being. We consider innovation to be all forms of discovery, creation and production of inventive and progressive ideas, methods, and products that promote society’s growth.
Our categories for the two awards are the Early Career Innovator Award and the Established Innovator Award.
The recipients will be recognized at the Honor the Best Ceremony and receive $5000 for their work.
An opportunity for a selected faculty member to gain experience toward a potential career path in research administration. This is a six month appointment for an equivalent of one day per week (20% effort).
We award one faculty member annually for a distinguished record in research or creative activities. We require that the faculty member has contributed a meaningful amount of their work while a member of our University.
The recipient will be recognized at the Honor the Best Ceremony and receive $5000 for their work.
New awards are offered this year!
Nominations for the annual Regents’ awards for research are reviewed through our office. The awards are given annually to NSHE faculty members at UNR, UNLV and DRI. Any NSHE employee or student can nominate faculty members for the campus selection process.
- Regents’ Researcher of the Year Awards – $5,000 for a distinguished record in research
- New: Regents' Researcher of the Year – Distinguished-Career
- New: Regents' Researcher of the Year – Mid-Career
- Regents’ Creative Activities Award – $5,000 for a distinguished record in creative activities
- Regents’ Rising Researcher of the Year Award – $2,000 for early-career accomplishments