New scholarly endeavor grant instructions
This page contains links to third party online content. If you experience any issues accessing this content, please contact Sponsored Projects.
Access InfoEd and Create a New Proposal
- Access the InfoEd platform. Click the, “Login,” button on the left side of the screen, and when prompted, enter your NetID and password.
- Once logged into InfoEd, click, “My Proposals,” (left side of screen), and select, “Create New Proposal.” (Note: If “Create New Proposal” is not visible, please contact Erika Waday at email@example.com.)
- The New Proposal Questionnaire screen will appear in a pop-up window, presenting the user with a series of questions. Instructions for completing the questions are below.
New Proposal Questionnaire Screen Questions
- Steps 0 - 1: Confirm the PI (principal investigator) name listed is correct. If correct, click, “Continue.” button. If incorrect, click, “Change,” to select the correct PI. Once the PI has been changed, click “Continue.”
- Step 1 Continued: Select, “Setup Proposal Manually,” and click “Continue.”
- Step 2: Confirm that “New/Original” is selected as the Proposal Type, and click “Continue.”
- Step 3: In the field provided, begin entering, “UNR Research & Innovation” As matches appear, click on "UNR Research & Innovation New Scholarly Endeavor Grant Program" to select, and click “Continue.”
- Step 4 is skipped as InfoEd will automatically assign the proposal number.
- Step 5: In the field provided, enter the proposal’s title, and click “Continue.”
- Step 6: The project period will be July 1, 2020 thru June 20, 2021. Click the calendar icon on the right of each date field to select dates, and click “Continue.”
- H. Step 7: Confirm that “1” is selected as the number of years/budget periods, and click “Continue.”
- Review the information entered in steps 0-7. If correct, click “Create Proposal.” To make revisions, click “Step back through responses” or “Back” (upper right of screen). When done, click “Continue” to advance to the end of the questionnaire. Once at the end of the questionnaire, click “Create Proposal.”
InfoEd will then create the proposal record, and the “Setup Questions” screen will appear. On the “Setup Questions” screen, note the proposal number in the upper right corner of the screen. The proposal number is the InfoEd proposal identifier. Once on the “Setup Questions” screen, follow the on-screen instructions.
Access the Personnel screen by clicking “Personnel” on the left navigation. (Note: You will access the remaining proposal screens via the left side navigation.) On this screen, additional participating UNR key personnel will be added to the proposal record.
To add an individual, begin entering a last name in the “Name (Last, First)” field, and click on the desired person. Next, make a selection from the “Role” drop-down list, and click the “Save” button.” The individual you added should now appear in the “Key” personnel table. Repeat above process to add further personnel.
When done adding key personnel, check the “Completed” box in the upper right of the screen.
Access the Application Materials screen by clicking “Application Materials” on the left navigation. On this screen, application materials will be uploaded. To upload materials, follow the on-screen instructions.
Access the Transmittal Form screen by clicking “Transmittal Form” on the left navigation. This screen consists of an internal form that requires completion.
Form fields will not initially be visible until a submission type is selected. Using the down-down pick list, select “R&I New Scholarly Endeavor Grant Application” to load the form fields. When done completing the form, check the “Completed” box in the upper right of the screen.
Access the Finalize screen by clicking “Finalize” on the left navigation. On this screen a PDF of the Transmittal Form will be generated, and the application will be submitted to the internal review (Final Review) route. Follow the on-screen instructions in red text.
Once the Transmittal form is converted to PDF, InfoEd will advance to the “Submit for Internal Review” section of the screen. The Form/Document Name table will contain the uploaded application materials and the PDF Transmittal Form (“Assembled Doc”).
Click the “Submit Final Review” thumbs up icon.
The pre-configured internal review route path will appear listing the route steps. You must click “Submit” to start the route.
After clicking “Submit,” exit the record by clicking “Done” in the upper left of the screen.
Internal Review and Approval Actions
- The internal review route is comprised of five steps and will automatically advance to the next applicable step once the current step has been satisfied.
- Step 1, Investigator Approvals: In this step, all University participating key personnel will review the application.
- Step 2, Chair/Director Approvals: In this step, the chair(s)/director(s) representing the key personnel in Step 1 will review the application.
- Step 3, Dean/VP Approvals: In this step, the dean(s)/VP(s) representing the key personnel in Step 1 will review the application.
- Step 4, R&I Receipt: In this step, a representative from the Research & Innovation office will review the application for eligibility and completeness.
- Step 5, Application Received Notice: In this step, the key personnel in Step 1 will receive an email indicating that their application was received by the Research & Innovation office.
- As the application progresses through the internal review route, individuals included in the route will receive an email requesting that they review and approve the application. The email will contain a link to the Reviewer Dashboard where the review and approval is to be completed. Instructions for the Reviewer Dashboard are below.
- There are four steps to completing the review and approval in the Reviewer Dashboard.
- Step 1: Review the application materials via the links in the Form/Document section of the Reviewer Dashboard.
- Step 2: Using the drop-down list in the Review Status column, select “Reviewed” for each item in the Form/Document column.
- Step 3: Select a reviewer decision. Selecting either “Approved” or “Approved Conditionally” will keep the route active. However, selecting either “Requires rework” or “Rejected” will cause the route to stop. (Note the comment boxes to provide information.) If a route is stopped due to a reviewer decision, the PI must return to the InfoEd record, revise the record as needed and re-submit the application to the internal review route via the Finalize screen of the InfoEd record. The route will begin again at Step 1.
- Step 4: Confirm that reviewer decision has been recorded by clicking the blue “Route” tab on the left side of the Reviewer Dashboard. The Active Routing Progress screen will open, and the reviewer decision made should appear in the “Decision” column. Once the reviewer decision has been confirmed, exit the screen by clicking “Close.”. Note: the Active Routing Progress screen is visible from the Finalize screen of the InfoEd record. PI’s can view the routing progress at any time by revisiting the Finalize screen.
Please contact Research & Innovation for user assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.