Who can apply?
Academic faculty in groups of two or more with F&A funds available to them
What can you apply for?
A 1:1 match of up to $5,000 from Research & Innovation for individual faculty F&A funds; up to five grants will be awarded; startup cannot be used as a match
The money may be broadly used for:
New interdisciplinary collaborative scholarly activities that will lead to future grants, publications or similar scholarly activity (no conference travel or travel to visit funding agencies, please use internal travel grant applications for this purpose)
How to apply:
Applications will be accepted through InfoEd and must include the following:
- A single page cover (PDF) indicating the faculty members involved in the activity, their home departments and colleges, and a title for the proposed scholarly activities
- An up to two-page PDF file using the application template, addressing the following:
- Scholarly activity to be pursued (objective, description and novelty of proposed work)
- How the scholarly activity will enhance and advance the scholarly pursuits of the faculty involved (how the results obtained will contribute to the faculty members’ scholarly advancement)
- Potential funding sources once the activity has been successfully completed
- In a separate page, present the budget for the activity, including the amount to be used from F&A funds using the budget template, and explain how the funds will be used
Who will review the applications?
An interdisciplinary committee of faculty members
When will the applicants be notified?
One month after application deadline
What are the reporting requirements?
The award is valid for one year; immediately upon grant completion, a one-page summary of work accomplished must be submitted to the AVPR; within one year of grant completion, evidence (submitted grant, published article, and other similar scholarly activity) of performed activity must be submitted to the AVPR; please plan to present at the annual Research & Innovation showcase poster session in the spring semester
The application deadline is Friday, Mar. 13, 2020 at 5 p.m. for a start date of July 1, 2020.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions.