Faculty travel grant instructions - completing the InfoEd application
Access InfoEd and Create a New Proposal
- Access InfoEd
- Click "Login" on the left side of the screen, and enter your NetID and password when prompted.
- Once logged in, click “My Proposals” on the left side of the screen. Select, “Create New Proposal.”
Note: If “Create New Proposal” is not visible, please contact Erika Waday, at firstname.lastname@example.org, to request access.
- The “New Proposal Questionnaire” screen will appear, presenting the user with a series of questions (Steps 0-7) detailed below.
New Proposal Questionnaire
Steps 0-1, Confirm PI
Confirm that your name is listed as the principal investigator (PI).
Next, select “Setup Proposal Manually,” and click “Continue.”
Step 2, Select Proposal Type
Select “New/Original,” and click “Continue.”
Step 3, Select Sponsor
In the field provided, enter “UNR Research & Innovation Faculty Travel Grant Program,” and click to select. Click “Continue” to advance.
Step automatically skipped.
Step 5, Enter Proposal Title
Enter “FTG20_C3,” and click “Continue.”
Step 6, Project Start and End Dates
The project period will be March 1 to June 30, 2020. Use the calendar icon to select “From” and “To” dates, and then click “Continue.”
Step 7, Years and/or Budget Periods
Leave the drop-down list set to 1, and click “Continue.”
Review the information entered in steps 0-7. If all is correct, click “Yes, Create Proposal.” Click, “Step back through responses” to correct.
Step 8, Setup Questions
The “deadline information has been prepopulated. In the Budget Setup Information section, please select, “Research – 2000,” from the Program Type drop-down list. The “Additional Information” section near the bottom of the screen is not applicable. To advance and save screen edits, click, “Save and Continue” at the bottom of the screen.
Supporting Docs Screen
Click “Supporting Docs” on the left navigation. Here, you will upload required supporting documentation (abstract, acceptance letter/invitation, chair/dean letter of support, etc.). To upload documents, click “Add Institution Forms/Supporting Documents” below the “Form Name” section of the screen.
Note: Please do not upload a cover letter or application letter on this screen. You will be able to describe the significance, outcome and impacts of the travel on the Transmittal Form (covered in next section).
The “Upload” screen will appear. Enter document name in the “Name” field, click the “Choose File” button, select file, choose “Miscellaneous” from the “Category” drop-down list, choose “Proposal Documents” from the “Folder” drop-down list, and then click “Upload.” Repeat the above process to upload further documents. When done, click the “Close” button to return to the “Supporting Docs” screen. Uploaded documents appear in the “Form/Document Name” section of the screen (at bottom). Next, check the “Complete” box in the upper right corner of the screen.
Transmittal Form Screen
Click “Transmittal Form” on the left navigation. This screen is a form. Load form fields by choosing “R&I Travel Grant Application” from the “Select Submission Type” drop-down list.
Address all form fields. Then, check the “Complete” box in the upper right corner of the form.
Click “Finalize” on the left navigation. The electronic Transmittal form needs to be converted to PDF, so click “Build” in the “Assemble Application” section.
Once InfoEd converts the Transmittal Form screen to a PDF, the user will automatically advance to the “Submit for Internal Review” area of the screen (detailed below). The PDF Transmittal Forms will appear in the “Form/Document Name” table as “Assembled Doc.”
Submit for Internal Review
You should now be on the “Submit for Internal Review” section (if not, click on “Submit for Internal Review”). Here, you will route the application for internal approvals and receipt by R&I. Initiate the route by clicking the thumbs up icon to the right of “Submit Final Review.”
The pre-configured “R&I Travel Grant Approval” route path will appear in a pop-up window. Listed will be individuals needing to approve the application. Click “Submit” to activate the route.
Performing the PI Approval Route Step
With the application now routed for approval, exit the record by clicking the “Done” button in the upper left corner of the screen.
As principal investigator, you will be the first to approve. You should be back on the main InfoEd screen. From the right screen navigation, click “My Action Items,” and select “Open.”
You should see your application listed in “My Open Action Items.” Click the yellow file folder icon to the left of “Review and Approval.
- The Reviewer Dashboard screen will appear in a pop-up window. There are four steps to completing the review and approval. Step 1: Review the application materials via the links in the Form/Document section of the Reviewer Dashboard.
- Step 2: Using the drop-down list in the Review Status column, select “Reviewed” for each item in the Form/Document column.
- Step 3: Select a reviewer decision. Selecting either “Approved” or “Approved Conditionally” will keep the route active. However, selecting either “Requires rework” or “Rejected” will cause the route to stop. (Note the comment boxes to provide information.) If a route is stopped due to a reviewer decision, the PI must return to the InfoEd record, revise the record as needed and re-submit the application to the internal review route via the Finalize screen of the InfoEd record. The route will begin again at Step 1.
- Step 4: Confirm that reviewer decision has been recorded by clicking the blue “Route” tab on the left side of the Reviewer Dashboard. The Active Routing Progress screen will open, and the reviewer decision made should appear in the “Decision” column. Once the reviewer decision has been confirmed, exit the screen by clicking “Close.” Note: the Active Routing Progress screen is visible from the Finalize screen of the InfoEd record. PI’s can view the routing progress at any time by revisiting the Finalize screen.
Route Steps Explained
Step 1, Applicant Approval
The travel grant applicant approves the application first.
Step 2, Dean Approval* (if applicable)
This step applies only when the applicant is a department chair/director (in which case the area dean approves the application). Step is skipped if not applicable.
Step 3, Chair/Director Approval*
The travel grant applicant’s chair/director approves the application.
Step 4, R&I Receipt
The application will be reviewed for completeness and applicant eligibility. Received applications are forwarded to the review committee for consideration.
Step 5, Application Received Notice
The applicant receives a notification email when the application has been accepted by R&I.
*Note: A chair/director/dean may have a backup approver configured, so more than one name may appear in a route step; however, only one individual needs to approve in order to satisfy the step.
Monitoring the Route
One can monitor the route progress by revisiting the Finalize screen of the proposal record. The “Notified” column lists the date a reviewer is notified to approve the application. Logged reviewer decisions appear in the “Decision” column.
Please contact (775) 784-8262 or email@example.com for assistance.