Funding Spotlight: FY22 Defense Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (DEPSCoR)
The Air Force Office of Scientific Research has released the FY22 Defense Established Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (DEPSCoR) funding opportunity.
This basic research opportunity will fund up to $200,000 per year for three years. White Papers are required and due September 19, 2022.
Unlike many funding opportunities, this project will only fund a pair of researchers: an “applicant,” who has never received DoD funding before, and a “collaborator” who has served as a PI on a DoD-funded research award between Oct. 1, 2015 and Sept. 30, 2022.
The University is home to many faculty who have received DoD funded research. Feel free to reach out to any of the qualified faculty listed in the following table to discuss your research idea and see if they’re interested in collaborating. Please note that PIs and collaborators do not have to be from the same institution, but they must both be from an institution in an EPSCoR state.
Have you received DoD funding but don’t see your name in the following table? Email Proposal Capture Manager Carrie Bushá if you would like to be added.
|David AuCoinfirstname.lastname@example.org||Microbiology & Immunology||UNR Med|
|Paul Brettemail@example.com||Microbiology & Immunology||UNR Med|
|Mary Burtnickfirstname.lastname@example.org||Microbiology & Immunology||UNR Med|
|Sarah Cowieemail@example.com||Anthropology||College of Liberal Arts|
|Gail Cravisofirstname.lastname@example.org||Cellular & Molecular Pharmacology & Physiology||UNR Med|
|Jill Heatonemail@example.com||Geography||College of Science|
|Casilde Isabellifirstname.lastname@example.org||World Languages and Literatures||College of Liberal Arts|
|Eric Marchandemail@example.com||Civil & Environmental Engineering||College of Engineering|
|Monica Nicolescufirstname.lastname@example.org||Computer Science & Engineering||College of Engineering|
|Andrew Nussemail@example.com||Nevada Agriculture Experiment Station||College of Agriculture, Biotechnology & Natural Resources|
|Sue Liebmanfirstname.lastname@example.org||Department of Pharmacology||UNR Med|
|Sushil Louisemail@example.com||Computer Science & Engineering||College of Engineering|
|Kevin Shoemakerfirstname.lastname@example.org||Natural Resources & Environmental Science||College of Agriculture, Biotechnology & Natural Resources|
|Alireza Tavakkoliemail@example.com||Computer Science & Engineering||College of Engineering|
|Floris van Breugelfirstname.lastname@example.org||Mechanical Engineering||College of Engineering|
|Carolyn Warneremail@example.com||Department of Political Science||College of Liberal Arts|
|Hao Xufirstname.lastname@example.org||Electrical & Biomedical Engineering||College of Engineering|
|Lei Yangemail@example.com||Computer Science & Engineering||College of Engineering|
FY21 DEPSCoR research topics
This competition seeks proposals addressing the following topics:
- Unsteady Aerodynamics and Turbulent Flows
- Condensed Matter Physics
- GHz - THz Electronics and Materials
- Solid State Electronics and Electromagnetics
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- Synthesis and Processing of Materials
- Atomic and Molecular Physics
- Ocean and Seabed Characterization
- Sustained Adaptability
- Biological Soft Solid Mechanics
- Adjustable Wavelength and Pulse Duration Sources and/or Adaptive Optics for Ultra Short Pulse Lasers (USPL)
- Mathematical Optimization
If you are interested in submitting to this funding opportunity, please reach out to one of the experienced grant administrators for your college.
- College of Agriculture, Biotechnology and Natural Resources: Kim Higgins
- College of Education & Human Development: Hannah Magleby
- College of Engineering: Erika Hutton and Brett Shirey
- College of Liberal Arts: Gus Quinlan and Roni Dahir
- College of Science: Heidi Eskew and Danny Sierra
- School of Public Health: Melodie Gander
- University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine: Kayla Armbruster and Natalie Todd
- All other colleges: Carrie Bushá