The University Research Council serves at the pleasure of Research & Innovation to provide feedback and suggestions on a broad range of research related initiatives, policies, procedures, and enhancements at the University. The URC also serves as a forum for the VPRI to seek guidance for strategic initiatives and evaluate submissions for internal competitive programs.
Research & Innovation will convey information pertinent to the conduct, growth, and development of research at the University of Nevada, Reno to The University Research Council to enhance dissemination of such information to the campus community.
The University Research Council benefits from the contributions of University senior faculty and administration. It is comprised of two faculty members appointed by the Faculty Senate, Associate Deans from the College of Science, the College of Liberal Arts, the College of Engineering, the College of Business, the School of Medicine, and Cooperative Extension, as well as Chairs and other research intensive faculty members from diverse disciplines across campus to construct a representative group of scientist and scholars.
- Faculty Senate Representative (Mae Gustin)
- Faculty Senate Representative (Peter Sebaaly)
- Associate Dean from College of Science (Katherine McCall)
- Associate Dean from the College of Liberal Arts (Darrell Lockhart)
- Associate Dean from the College of Engineering (Indira Chatterjee)
- Associate Dean from the College of Business (Kambiz Raffiee)
- Associate Dean from the School of Medicine (James Kenyon)
- Associate Dean of the Reynolds School of Journalism (Donica Mensing)
- Associate Dean of Graduate Programs (Stephanie DeBoor)
- Assistant Dean of Libraries (Steven Harris)
- Liaison Cooperative Extension (Loretta Singletary)
- Associate Director from the College of Agriculture, Biotechnology & Natural Resources (Chris Pritsos)
- Executive Director from the Center for the Application of Substance Abuse Technologies (Nancy Roget)
- Associate Professor from the College of Education (Robert Ives)
- Associate Professor from the School of Community Health Sciences (Matthew Strickland)
- Associate Vice President for Research (Ana de Bettencourt-Dias)
The University Research Council meets once a month in the fall and spring semesters on the second Friday of the month from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. in the Research & Innovation Conference Room (Ross Hall 207). Meetings during the summer months are held at the discretion of the committee, and if held, will be done so at the same time and place.
Special meetings of The University Research Council may be held as necessary, and any details for special meetings will be posted in advance.
Agendas and minutes for meetings are available through Research & Innovation. If you would like to request a copy of the agendas and minutes, or if you have any items or topics you would like to bring before The University Research Council , please contact Ana de Bettencourt-Dias, AVPR at email@example.com.