Congratulations to the successful completers of the NNELI Fall 2016 Paraprofessional Cohort. To stay involved in the NNELI community, please follow our Facebook page.
NNELI provided selected TEACHER AIDES/ASSISTANTS and ESPs nine specially developed modules in ESL and STEM-based strategies as well as professional development and techniques to be more effective in the classroom. Module topics included:
- Second Language Acquisition
- WCSD ELA Standards and Use
- GLAD/SIOP Strategies
- NGSS Overview
- Teaching/Learning Strategies
- Inquiry-Based Learning
Each module included a face-to-face meeting each month. During the month, participants completed the rest of the module online.
- Use of NNELI Resources- Science Kits and Audiovisual Equipment
- Professional Networking with the NNELI Community
- A stipend of $1000 upon completion of the college-level course
Best wishes and congratulations to the completers!