Lois Ritter has worked in education, health care and research for over 25 years. Her work in education includes teaching in academic settings as well as in health care settings. For example, she developed online courses to teach over 4,000 hospital employees and was the Manager of Distance Education at the University of California, San Francisco where she used a variety of modalities to teach health care professionals. Dr. Ritter taught at California State University for nine years in community health and healthcare administration. At the University of Nevada, Reno, she teaches in the online MPH program. Her research includes working in areas such a human trafficking, substance abuse, and telehealth. Many of these studies have been statewide or national multi-year and multi-site projects. Lois’s publications include writing several textbooks, white papers, issue briefs and journal articles.
- Ritter, L.A. Kwong, M., & Nasseri, L (2018, April). mHealth and infectious disease: The opportunity for public health departments to treat tuberculosis remotely. Journal of Mobile Technology in Medicine 7(1).
- Marcin, J.P., Wilkes, M.S., Ritter, L.A., & Pruitt, S. (September, 2016). Organizational and teamwork factors of Tele-ICU. American Journal of Critical Care.
- Meenakshi, M.S., Laudet, A.B., Ritter, L.A. Stunz, A., & Kaskutas, L.A. (2015). Multi-source recruitment strategies for advancing addiction recovery research beyond treated samples. Journal of Community Psychology, v43(5), 560-575.
- Kaskutas, L.A., & Ritter, L.A. (2015, January-March). Consistency between beliefs and behavior regarding use of substances in recovery. Sage Open, Section for the International Journal of Self-Help & Self-Care, 1-9.
- Kaskutas, L. A., Borkman, T. J., Laudet, A., Ritter, L. A., Witbrodt, J., Subbaraman, M., Stunz, A., & Bond, J. (November 2014). Elements that define recovery: The experiential perspective. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, 75(6), 999-1010.
- Ritter, L.A., & Graham, D.H., (2017). Multicultural health. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.
- Graham, D.H., & Ritter, L.A. (2017). Medical law and ethics. Goodheart Willcox Publishers.
- Sue, V., & Ritter, L.A., (2012, 2007). Conducting online surveys. Sage Publications. ISBN: 978-1-4129-9225-1, 978-1-4129-3754-2.
- Ritter, L.A., Robinette, T.R., & Cofano, J. (2010) Evaluation of a Statewide Telemedicine Program. Californian Journal of Health Promotion, 8(1), 1-9.
- Ritter, L.A. & Lampkin, S. M. (2011). Community mental health. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers. ISBN-13: 978-0-7637-8380-8.
- Doctorate, Education, University of San Francisco
- Master's, Health Science, San Francisco State University
- Master's, Health Care Administration, California State University, East Bay
- Master's, Anthropology, California State University, East Bay