Clinic Hours and Service Availability
The clinic is open year-round but has limited availability of services in the summer and winter. During the academic year, hours are:
Monday: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Thursday: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
The Psychological Services Center is closed whenever the University is closed (e.g., holidays, snow days, etc.). During breaks and summer, hours can be limited.
For further information or an appointment call (775) 784-6668. If you reach the answering services, please leave a message, and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
The clinic will be closed on the following days during the 2016-2017 academic year:*
- Sept. 5, 2016 (Labor Day)
- Oct. 28, 2016 (Nevada Day)
- Nov. 11, 2016 (Veterans Day)
- Nov. 24 & 25, 2016 (Thanksgiving Holiday)
- Dec. 23, 2016-Jan. 3, 2017 (Winter Holiday)
- Jan. 16, 2017 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- Feb. 20, 2017 (President's Day)
- May 29, 2017 (Memorial Day)
- July 4, 2017 (Independence Day)
*Clinic closure means no appointments will be held.
- People who are interested in nonemergency services at the PSC must call the main number, (775) 784-6668, and either talk to the clinic staff or leave a message with the answering service in order to schedule a phone screen.
- Upon completing a phone screen, potential clients are then matched for fit with available PSC services, based on anticipated openings. Some services may have a waiting list. Individuals who cannot be served or cannot wait will be given referrals to appropriate community services.
- Once there is an opening, an in-person session ($20 flat fee) is scheduled to further assess the individual's needs. A map, directions and parking pass will be sent prior to the appointment.
- Clients should arrive 15 minutes before the first intake session to complete initial paperwork. The initial intake form and our privacy practices form can be downloaded prior to coming into the clinic. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who can sign their forms.
Canceling an Appointment
If you cannot attend a scheduled appointment, please call to cancel at least 24 hours in advance.