Distinguished Outreach Faculty Award
One Distinguished Outreach Faculty Award is given each year to an academic or administrative faculty on a half-time or greater appointment with the University of Nevada, Reno to recognize outstanding outreach activities. The recipient will receive a $5,000 award, a plaque, and recognition at the annual Honor the Best Ceremony in May.
- Eligibility: Must be an academic or administrative faculty on a half-time or greater appointment with the University of Nevada, Reno.
- Nomination and Selection Process: Nominations are solicited from deans in August each year. Applications are judged by a selection committee on the overall impact of their work, the sustained nature of their contributions, and the collaboration fostered by their activities.
Previous Distinguished Outreach Faculty Award Winners
- 2018 Jane Fisher, Psychology
- 2017 Bret Simmons, Managerial Sciences
- 2016 James Kent McAdoo, Northern Area, Cooperative Extension
- 2015 Marjorie Matocq, Natural Resources & Environmental Science
- 2014 Larry Engstrom, School of the Arts
- 2013 Erica Ryst, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
- 2012 W. Larry Williams, Psychology
- 2011 Diane Barone, Education
- 2010 Mary Ann Demchak, Education
- 2009 Edwin G. Smith, Western Area, Cooperative Extension
- 2008 Vern Luft, Education
- 2007 Susan G. Donaldson, Western Area, Cooperative Extension
- 2006 William Evans, Education
- 2005 David Bennum, Physics
- 2004 Marilyn Smith, Central/Northeast Area, Cooperative Extension