What is Threat Assessment?
Threat assessment is a process designed to identify individuals of concern, investigate individuals and situations, and assess the information gathered. If necessary, an intervention plan will be implemented to manage and/or monitor the person or situation.
The Process of Threat Management:
- Early identification of individuals at risk
- Centralized reporting to the Threat Assessment Coordinator, University Police, or Student Intervention Team
- Initial threat assessment to determine if an imminent danger or emergency exists
- Investigate, gather Information, and make an assessment
- Develop and implement an individualized intervention and management plan
- Monitor and re-evaluate plan to effect safety
- Refer and follow-up as appropriate