Make Safety Your Number One Priority
During Fall and Spring Semester until 1:00 am
(limited service during winter and
Daylight Saving Time 7:00 pm-1:00 am
Standard Time: 5:00 pm - 1:00 am
For current hours visit
Call for a Free, Safe Ride
- If you're the victim of a crime, please report it to the police immediately.
- Contact University Police by dialing 334-COPS (2677) or 911 if you observe a suspicious person or situation.
- If you know you're going to be studying or working late on campus, plan ahead as to how you will get home safely.
- Never walk alone at night. Travel in groups of two or more and always travel in well-lit, heavily traveled areas.
- Have a friend walk with you or meet you at a location the two of you can walk from safely. If you are alone, walk in groups of people.
- ALWAYS – ALWAYS lock your doors and windows.
- Use Campus Escort by calling 742-6808, or University Police Student Cadets: 775-745-5921 (mid campus) or 775-745-7505 (south campus) These services offer free, safe rides.
- Tell someone where you're going and when you will return. Carry a whistle or noise maker. This can serve as a reminder to exercise caution, and can alert someone in the area that you need help. Whistles are available free of charge at University Police Headquarters – ground floor of the Fitzgerald Student Services Building.
- Be alert! Look around you; be aware of who is on the street and in the area. Make it difficult for anyone to take you by surprise.
- If listening to music, keep the volume low so you can hear what is going on around you.
- If you exercise at night or in the dark, do so with a friend and wear bright reflective clothing.
- Follow your intuition… trust your feelings.