Be an Orientation Guide
Interested in being an Orientation Guide (OG)?
Applications are available HERE!
View our student produced Orientation Guide video here!
Applications for Orientation Guides are now open.
Applications are due to New Student Initiatives in Clark Administration by March 8th at 5 P.M.
The Office of New Student Initiatives is seeking a select group of fun, energetic, knowledgeable, reliable students to serve as Orientation Guides to new students and their families during Orientation programs. An Orientation Guide's primary goal is to introduce new students and their families to the resources and services on campus in order to help create a smooth transition to the University leading to successful graduation. Job duties include mentoring new students, facilitating group discussions, presenting information, assisting campus, and so much more.
Download a copy of the the complete job description.
- Welcome new students and family members to the university.
- Facilitate small group meetings.
- Serve as a role model and mentor.
- Provide family members with perspective on the college student experience.
- Facilitate evening entertainment programs during select orientation programs.
- Lead campus tours.
- Participate in panel discussions and answer questions.
- Attend & fully participate in staff training.
- General administrative duties, including assisting presenters, check in and program duties.
- Strong communication skills, patience and professionalism are essential.
- Ability to work well as a team.
- Display an awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusivity.
- Be highly motivated and have strong leadership skills.
- Be willing to step outside comfort zone and try new experiences.
- $2300 and on campus, double occupancy room and board package.
- Great work experience and skill building, transferable to most any work environment. Including:
- Leadership and communication skills.
- Presentation and facilitation Skills.
- Campus Connections.
- Student programming including planning, organizing, and marketing.
Time Commitment: (Anticipated; Subject to Change)
Training: Tuesday, May 29th - Sunday, June 17th
Orientation: June 15th - August 2nd
Orientation & Welcome: August 21st - August 28th