Vaccinated with vaccines approved by the World Health Organization (WHO):
- Students are not required to quarantine, but you are required to get tested after arrival to the U.S. Follow the COVID-19 Travel Recommendations by Destination on the CDC’s homepage regarding measurements after traveling from specific countries. These are only health recommendations upon your return. They do not specify any travel restrictions that might be currently in place.
- If your test is positive, isolate yourself to protect others from getting infected.
Not vaccinated or vaccinated with vaccines not approved by the WHO:
- CDC guidance is that all international students who are NOT vaccinated or vaccinated with a vaccine not approved by WHO, must get tested 3-5 days after arrival to the U.S. AND stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days.
- If your test results are negative, stay home and self-quarantine for the full 7 days.
- If your test results are positive, you develop symptoms, you are exposed to COVID, or refuse to get tested after your arrival to the U.S., a quarantine of 10 days is mandatory.
- If your quarantine time period extends into the start of the term, you should notify your professors if you will miss any classes. OISS can assist in providing notification to faculty that you are missing class.
Dependents should also follow the same quarantine and testing procedures.
Refer to to CDC instructions for returning from international travel and Travel Recommendations By Country for more information.
If you are not yet vaccinated and are interested in receiving a vaccine in Reno, you can contact SHC by calling the clinic at (775) 784-6598 after your arrival to Reno to schedule an appointment for a free vaccination.
Once you are quarantining please notify OISS by email at email@example.com. We can assist in providing food access, computer and wifi access, faculty information and more.
Please keep these restrictions in mind when planning your travel to the U.S.
OISS, the Center for Student Engagement, ASUN, Graduate School, GSA, Residential Life and Housing Services and other campus partners are here to help.
- Food assistance. For food assistance, such as delivery or other options, please complete the food assistance form.
- Electronics assistance. For electronics assistance (e.g., cell phone, wifi, laptops, etc), please complete the electronics assistance form.