How do I know if my classes will transfer to the University of Nevada, Reno?
To help identify any requirements you’ll need to meet, as well as any prerequisite courses you’ll need to take, you can use the University's Transferology Tool. Please refer to the detailed information about course requirements above when determining if your class will meet the criteria for the program.
Are you ready to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)?
To be admitted into our accelerated nursing program, you must take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS). The TEAS Test can only be taken through ATI. Applicants will need to have their transcripts sent officially from ATI (submit your transcript request in your ATI account). Please note that ASBSN applicants can only take the TEAS exam one time per application cycle (July – June).
- To register for the TEAS exam, you will need to create a new account if you are not a current user of ATI. On the account homepage you will be able to register for an online TEAS test through ATI.
- Follow the instruction from ATI
Ready to apply?
Take these next steps.
Applying to the University of Nevada, Reno
In order to apply to any Orvis School of Nursing BSN programs, you must first be admitted to the University of Nevada, Reno for the semester in which you are applying to Orvis. Second bachelor's degree seeking students are considered transfer students. Your transcripts must be submitted and evaluated by the University admissions office before submitting your application (suggestion: apply to UNR as soon as registration for Fall opens; September 15th of each year).
**Students applying to the ASBSN program must only register at the University of Nevada, Reno as a Pre-ASBSN student. Please do not register under the major of pre-nursing.
- ASBSN applicants must have applied to the University of Nevada, Reno by July 1st
- ASBSN applicants must have accepted admissions from the University of Nevada, Reno before they are able to submit an application to the ASBSN program. Any application received before your admission is accepted can not be evaluated.
Applying to the Orvis School of Nursing ASBSN program
- Online ASBSN application to the Orvis School of Nursing
- Guided instructions on how to complete the ASBSN application are available upon request
- You must submit a completed GPA calculator with your application. Be sure to complete the GPA Calculator in its entirety or your application can not be considered.
- Read and agree to the ASBSN Readiness Assessment.
- Applications are reviewed by the Undergraduate Program Officer, the ASBSN Track Leader, and the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs.
- Applications must be completed in their entirety, including the GPA calculator, or they will be considered ineligible.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered. applications that meet minimum requirements will be evaluated through a point-based matrix.
- Applicants will be ranked from highest to lowest, based on the application matrix.
- Applicants with the top 32 scores will be offered provisional admission to the OSN pre-licensure program.
Nevada Resident Status:
The Orvis School of Nursing supports the University of Nevada, Reno land grant mission to develop a health care workforce for Nevada. To this end, Nevada residents receive application preference in all pre-licensure nursing programs offered by the Orvis School of Nursing.
Students can check residency status by logging into your MyNevada account and clicking on the Demographics tab on the left-hand side of the homepage. The most recent term listed must show “In State” to receive Nevada Resident points.
**Note that Nevada residency for reduced tuition purposes does not demographically classify a student as a Nevada resident.
|Cumulative GPA*||≤3.499||-||≥ 3.50||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Healthcare experience**** (6+ months = 1pt)||No||-||Yes||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Military, Veteran, or Active-Duty Military||No||-||Yes||-||-||-||-||-||-|
*Application GPA Includes all prerequisites courses required for entry into accelerated second baccalaureate program **Cumulative GPA includes all undergraduate degree credit ***Nevada Resident: Demographically classified as a Nevada State Resident by the University of Nevada, Reno at the time of nursing program application **** Healthcare Experience must be licensed or certified, verifiable, and current (must be currently working in a healthcare setting).
Applying to multiple BSN programs
Students are welcome to apply to more than one BSN program, if you meet the program eligibility requirements. Each program has different application requirements. The following are requirements for the ASBSN program only.
- The TEAS exam can only be taken one time per calendar year.
- The TEAS exam must only be taken through ATI.
- If accepted into the ASBSN program, any active applications to other BSN programs at Orvis will automatically become inactive.